Problems with ICS Email
07-19-2012 04:00 PM
- I was finally able to download the new ICS update last night and have found several problems relating to the email. Anyone else experiencing this? If it's something that would clear up with a factory reset I would be willing to do that, but I would like to know for sure before I go to the trouble. Thanks all!!
* All the emails I have deleted since the update are still in my account email account online and have not actually been deleted. Big annoyance!
* Hangs up when attempting to download email attachments and I constantly see 0/0% downloaded in notifications. Haven't been able to get the attachment downloaded yet.
* Cannot access emails in folders that are older than 30 days. I had this problem with Gingerbread but it works perfectly on my tablet with Honeycomb. Was hoping that was be fixed with ICS.07-16-2012 10:24 AM
- I had several problems with email after the ICS update. My solution was to delete all 3 of my email accounts and then add them back to my phone. I used the exact settings I had before I deleted the accounts. It took about 15 minutes and now my email is working again as it should be.07-16-2012 02:17 PM
- I had several problems with email after the ICS update. My solution was to delete all 3 of my email accounts and then add them back to my phone. I used the exact settings I had before I deleted the accounts. It took about 15 minutes and now my email is working again as it should be.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums07-16-2012 02:32 PM
- I think I figured out what it is related to...setting my email as the premium email account. If I do not set it as the premium, I do not have the issue with deleted messages not deleting off the server...and I am able to access all my emails in folders, no matter how old they are. That also fixed the problem I had with the attachment download hanging up. But...the downside is it will not push the emails and it will only check for new emails every 15 mins (the quickest).
Has anyone else noticed this? Why would setting the same email address as premium affect whether it's push or not?07-16-2012 02:55 PM
- I am also having email issues with ICS on an ATT Galaxy 3, especially with Exchange Outlook. First email is very slow to open. Second sometimes the complete email does not download. This is regardless of setting for the size of emails to be retrieved. I had neither of these problems with the prior Galaxy 2. Resetting the phone and reestablishing the email accounts work for a short while and then the problems re-occur. There are other intermittent glitches with email. There is definitely something wrong here.07-19-2012 04:00 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S2
- Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket
Problems with ICS Email
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD