Bluetooth issues after upgrade to ICS

gzbsds

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I have several health devices (bodybugg, heartmonitor) that uses bluetooth. My phone shows that they are paired. However, when I open up the app it ask me to pair the device again. I was using these devices before I upgrade without this issue. I have tried unpairing and then pairing them again. But, I still have the issue. What puzzling about this, I have other bluetooth devices (jambox, Soul handsfree) that this is not an issue. Is anyone else encountering this?

dstroud1

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
New samsung android galaxy s2, bought in Feb 2012 and paired to Ford sync and all worked fine (auto-detects and pairs phone and media, does not drop-out) :). Upgraded to ICS 10 Jul 2012, very pretty and seems a little quicker :D. Ford sync does not detect ICS phone :confused:. Deleted ICS phone in Ford Sync and re-paired :D, ICS phone pairs with Ford Sync, but drops out of pairing :-\. Ford Sync does not auto-detect ICS phone :(. ICS " phone will manually pair with Ford Sync, but drops out later :'(. Not sure if I should "reset" ICS phone to pre-ICS android .

qitupx

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm also experiencing some skyrocket ICS issues. The phone use to auto pair with my car (2012 Honda CRV) but now I have to manually select it. Also, when I manually select to connect to the option, it seems like the Bluetooth driver crashes or something. Bluetooth turns off and back on and the phone will disconnect and reconnect to the car's Bluetooth. I tried in another car (pioneer avic x920BT) and it does the same thing. I tried another ICS Phone(

Verizon Galaxy nexus with 4.0.4) and it paired perfectly fine and works beautifully. The phone also connects fine to a standard Bluetooth headset.

WARNING FOR FACTORY RESET:

I performed a factory reset also and went and paired it up directly afterwards with the car, same exact issue.

Last edited:

atl10pnr

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
On the Ford Sync issue I had to untick the media audio and just leave phone ticked for it to work. Seems ics and/or Sync only wants to have either phone or media audio but not both.

Furryfrankie

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I recently got a Samsung Galaxy S2 and tried today pairing it to my 2012 Ford Focus SEL and after going through the prompts and entering the PIN code it tells me "Unable to sync". Has anyone else had this problem?

kuffer

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Just got the fix from Samsung. Go to applications/ settings/ wireless and networks/ bluetooth/ menu icon (bottom left)/ visible time out /
select never time out.

MikeLew

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Morning all. Had the same problem pairing my S2 to my new Focus, and found the solution (for both my phone and my Girlfriends) was to do the following:

On the phone: open settings > applications > all (applications). scroll down to Logs Provider, open it and "clear data".

Un-pair your phone, re-pair it and hey-presto! Hopefully this will work for you guys, too! :cool:

bobbette89

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
if none of these are working for anyone (like me) Tmobile sent me an article
Software update: Samsung Galaxy S II Support | T-Mobile

It uses Kies. If you don't have Kies installed on your phone you should download it from the market. then download it onto your computer. I haven't tried it yet. it does show me that there is a firmware update for my Galaxy s2. I just need to have a full battery. I will come back and update you all after i try it. If anyone else tries this and is successful please let me know .

So I just tried it. I didn't have any luck.
I'm out of things to try :(
upon calling Samsung I was informed that i will always have to manually connect it to my car. That they dont have an auto connect feature. WTH?!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss