Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SMS Messages not showing in correct order

Hi,

When I get a text message, and then reply, my reply is shown above the incoming message almost like I sent it first. This typically happens if I respond right away, however I believe it has done it during a longer wait period. When I do respond right away, both messages show the same time, so I am not ahead time wise.

Me: Not much 1:48PM
    Dave: Whats up 1:48PM

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by wterfansky; 07-29-2012 at 08:21 PM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

Default Re: SMS Messages not showing in correct order

May have nothing to do with the phone. May be because his message actually arrived after you sent yours. Your phone knows when you send yours, right away. It doens't know when it sends his until it arrives.

This is the reason why I'm trying to get people to move to ChatOn. I am tired of the SMS lag on AT&T which I didn't experience on T-Mobile. IMing and SP2SP Messaging through data connection is a much better experience.

Quote Originally Posted by wterfansky View Post
    Hi,

When I get a text message, and then reply, my reply is shown above the incoming message almost like I sent it first. This typically happens if I respond right away, however I believe it has done it during a longer wait period. When I do respond right away, both messages show the same time, so I am not ahead time wise.

Me: Not much 1:48PM
    Dave: Whats up 1:48PM

Any help would be appreciated.
    my first post....just got the skyrocket and my texts are doing the same thing. i figured it has to do with the time. i restart my phone and the time corrects it self. for a couple of hours and then it happens again....

Hi, I have no idea how to fix this but this is happening to me too. It happens after waiting a short time or a long time to reply and it's really getting annoying.

I had the same problem and what fixed it for me is in settings in time and date make sure you have a checkbox checked automatic time and date to use your network time.
    I figured I will save some people the headache

THANKS SO MUCH, that was a huge help. I was having that problem since I got my Galaxy S 4.