Uh-Oh! Phone won't charge! (water damage)
12-27-2016 06:51 PM
- So last night I dropped my Galaxy S2 Skyrocket in the bathroom and it fell into a little bit of water. Some water got into the charging port on the bottom. I picked it up within 3 seconds but I guess the damage was done. I immediately turned the phone off and let it dry for a while. Then turned it back on.
Well this morning I go to charge the battery and when I plugged in the wall charger nothing happened. I assume that the water killed the charging input. Luckily when I bought my Skyrocket I also bought a separate Samsung battery charger. So I can charge the batteries through there in the meantime.
So my options are:
1) Use insurance, pay deductible, get new Skyrocket (correct?)
- How much is the deductible? (couldn't find it on my bill or online)
- More importantly, do they give you a refurbished phone when you use your insurance on a damaged phone? If they do, I don't want to do that. I want a NEW replacement.
2) Go to the store and try and convince them to let me pay the insurance and get a Galaxy S3. Although I've heard this never works. In that case I'd have to pay the full $550 if I really wanted. That's insane.
3) Just go straight to Google and buy the Nexus outright for $349.
I'm not sure which avenue I want to go down. Any input or advice is greatly appreciated. While writing this a friend told me to put my phone in a bag of rice and that will suck out any moisture. But will that fix the charge port. My phones' been running since 9pm last night when this happened and I thought it was dried all the way.08-09-2012 01:02 PM
- You can take it to a repair shop and they can repair it. You can check on line for parts and repair it yourself
There are how to's on you tube. I repaired two razors with good results. One the screen went out on. The other one the key board stop working. It is not as bad a you might think. Good luck with what ever you decide to do.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums08-09-2012 06:59 PM
This is a Web site for repair parts for a skyrocket. The charging port is not to bad.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums08-09-2012 07:15 PM
- I have a question about water damage on my Galaxy also. On Saturday night (9/29) my child accidentally threw up on my phone. He wiped it off and such, but didn't tell me until morning. I tried to turn it on, without checking whether or not the water indicator had been tripped. After trying to turn it on, I looked at the battery and saw that the indicator had turned red. I put the phone in rice a few hours later, and its been sitting in rice for about a day now. Will the phone work again? Help would be greatly appreciated.10-01-2012 12:10 PM
- I have a question about water damage on my Galaxy also. On Saturday night (9/29) my child accidentally threw up on my phone. He wiped it off and such, but didn't tell me until morning. I tried to turn it on, without checking whether or not the water indicator had been tripped. After trying to turn it on, I looked at the battery and saw that the indicator had turned red. I put the phone in rice a few hours later, and its been sitting in rice for about a day now. Will the phone work again? Help would be greatly appreciated.
Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 210-01-2012 12:20 PM
- Well I tried it. The phone turned on, I could feel the vibrations and everything, but the display did not come on. Whenever I popped the battery in, it automatically turned on. Is there any way I can make the water damage indicator turn white again? Or how can I solve the display issue?10-02-2012 08:27 PM
- I have a bit of a problem with my skyrocket too. I went to a river a couple months back and I put my phone in my pocket and jumped in I noticed my phone after a minute or so and quickly pulled it out and dried it. When I got home I promptly pulled it apart and let it marinate in a bowl of rice for a week. When i pulled it out it worked fine and life was great, the problem started occurring about a month or so after the incident. My phone started to only charge to about 96%, and slowly over the next couple of week that limit began to drop until i couldn't charge my phone at all, as soon as i disconnected it, it would die. I tried using a different charger and I even bought a new battery and nothing worked. I just got declined for my insurance (not surprised it was completely my fault), so now I'm stuck with a phone that can't charge, it's almost like having a land line again. If you have any suggestion on what I could do, I'm open ears. I am completely open to open the whole thing up and replacing parts and the whole shebang, it's not like I am going to void my warranty even more03-03-2013 02:15 PM
- I have a problem with my samsung galaxy s2. My friend slept over and I had left my phone in the bed with us while we slept, we fell asleep around 7 or 8 in the moarning this being her first night sleeping over she had an accident and we woke up around 12 the whole bed was soaked inuding my phone I brung it to my mom and she dryed it and put it in a bowl of rice we kept it there for two days and it was still broken so we replaced the battery and used a different charger it still doesn't work this was about a week after christmas please help me.01-31-2014 03:22 AM
Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk06-16-2015 07:26 PM
- Hello i have the same problem my phone didnt fell in water but it only spilled water i am drunk last dec 25(2am) i just fell asleep and lay down on bed when i woke up around 3 or 4am. I check my in my pocket and my pocket is wet i quickly remove my because im drunk i didnt think what im doing i just press the power button to check it and didnt open then i plug the charger and fell asleep again. Then when sun came out. Im already wake up. My phone didnt open. It stuck in boot animation then it shutdown and then repeat again. Dec 25 i keep trying to charge it. Then dec26 because my phone is hard to remove the back cover i decided to remove and i saw some water in one place. I immedietly wipe it off and about 10-15mins i keep it open and then some people told me to put it in a rice my phone put it in a sock and a piece of cloth then i burden in a bag of rice till my phone is in the rice. What do you think guys ? My phone still work ?12-27-2016 06:51 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S2
- Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket
Uh-Oh! Phone won't charge! (water damage)
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD