Texts sometimes out of order.

kkrimsonn

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
First off, I'm new to the forum so hi! :D
Anyways,
I'm not entirely sure what happened. Actually I have no idea at all. Everything was perfectly fine up until the past few weeks. Basically what happens is when I receive a text, if I reply within the same minute my reply goes above the text I'm replying to. Leaving my conversation all out of order. Sometimes, but rarely, even the text will be time stamped a whole minute before the one I'm replying to. It only shows like this on my phone, not for the person I'm texting. It's not a huge deal but rather really annoying and even sometimes frustrating, but bearable in the end.
Anyone else have this problem? Any idea why? Any solution?
Any help is appreciated :)

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm really not much help, but when I was stock, I had this same issue too. The strange part is I couldn't duplicate it. Sometimes it happened, sometimes it didn't.

Now I'm rooted & running CM9 and the only problem I have is the split texting when typing more then 160 characters. Hopefully someone will chime in soon with some help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

audR

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I have been having this same problem for the last two weeks. It is annoying, I was hoping someone would have an answer as to why it's happening. I've had the phone since March and never had this happen before now. Glad it's not just me :)

Redraider3403

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Make sure your time settings for the phone are on automatic using the network provided date and time. I was having the same issue and this seemed to fix it.

ElleDeeH

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I work for TELUS Mobility in Canada, we run across this OFTEN. Its a glitch in the Android OS, but easily fixed but updating your Time Setting to ensure the phone is on "Automatic Date & Time", I also reccommend setting "Automatic Time Zone" as well.

S4 & Mega: Home > Settings > More (Top Right) > Date & TIme > Check: Automatic Date & Time + Automatic Time Zone (Set the Time and Date with the Samsung Galaxy S? 4 - YouTube)
S3, Note 1 & 2: Home: Settings > Date & Time (towards bottom under System) > Check: Automatic Date & Time + Automatic Time Zone (How to use Wi-Fi hotspots on Samsung Galaxy S3 (S III) - Phones 4u - YouTube)

anon9738732

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
hey thanks this solution helped me out! :-*

Make sure your time settings for the phone are on automatic using the network provided date and time. I was having the same issue and this seemed to fix it.