Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Jelly Bean, Maybe? Probably NOT!!!!

Just read an announcement on engadget that stated that Samsung is going to start rolling it out to some devices. GS2 was on the list but nothing talking about Skyrocket sooooo what does everyone think. I hope we do but then again chances are we wont get it till after Christmas right. LAME!!!!!

Default Re: Jelly Bean, Maybe? Probably NOT!!!!

Well I did read an article somewhere that did clearly list the skyrocket as one of those to get it..... So we'll see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

It listed it as the "Galaxy S2 LTE", I believe this refers to the Skyrocket, right?

I definitely read that we will get it. Forget which Site but as the other guy said I'm pretty sure this is the lte variant. Now let's see how long before they release it

sent from my sky(jelly)rocket
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,451 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

Quote Originally Posted by aceroller2000 View Post
    It listed it as the "Galaxy S2 LTE", I believe this refers to the Skyrocket, right?

Yes, the SR has almost identical hardware. It's why CM was able to use basically the same ROM build for both the AT&T Skyrocket and the Galaxy S2 LTE, IIRC.

If it comes for the GS2 LTE, there's almost no reason why AT&T wouldn't jut go ahead and get it out for the Skyrocket. They'd have basically no excuse for that.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by n8ter View Post
    Yes, the SR has almost identical hardware. It's why CM was able to use basically the same ROM build for both the AT&T Skyrocket and the Galaxy S2 LTE, IIRC.

If it comes for the GS2 LTE, there's almost no reason why AT&T wouldn't jut go ahead and get it out for the Skyrocket. They'd have basically no excuse for that.
    They have plenty of excuses, the money it costs to push updates, the testing, having to add their crapware. There are plenty of times international versions of phones get updates and us carrier versions dont

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,451 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    They have plenty of excuses, the money it costs to push updates, the testing, having to add their crapware. There are plenty of times international versions of phones get updates and us carrier versions dont

Samsung does their updates through Kies so AT&T doesn't have to pay *anything* to push updates seeing as how they come from Samsung's servers. That's not an excuse.

Testing and Making sure their crapware works happens with any ROM.

Usually International versions have stark differences from what AT&T has (i.e. sometimes they use a completely different SoC) but the Galaxy SII LTE that AT&T and Rogers got is a bit of a different case there.

If Samsung develops an update for one there's literally no excuse to not push it out especially since much of the crapware is really the same app just rebranded. Whoever goes first will have already done much of the Bug and App Integration testing for the other...

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Yes at&t has to pay for those updates you would be insane to believe otherwise

Good Afternoon:

Samsung & AT&T need to start listening to their cutomers & get the Jelly Bean update out to those paying customers before they take their business to someone who is more responsive to their customers.

Been with AT&T many many years but when this contract is over my business relationship with AT&T is also over. They're to unresponsive & they load up their phones with useless bloatware.

If the skyrocket is getting Jelly Bean, hopefully we'll see it before St. Patty's Day 2013. LOL

Spring.

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts

Judging by the recent leak, I'm guessing they're working on it. I've had no bugs or issues in the half day or so I've been running it. Hopefully an official version is released sooner than later.

has anybody heard anything lately about jb update?

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by semour1969 View Post
    has anybody heard anything lately about jb update?
    Nope nada. Its normally a big deal when a new official drops. Mmmmmmm new source.

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts

Not sure if everyone has seen this already. Looks like the Rogers update has been released.

[ROM] I727RUXUMA7 [30-01-2013][Android 4.1.2] - xda-developers

Last time, Rogers received the ICS update a few weeks before AT&T. Hopefully, this means it's coming soon... for those that haven't already jumped to CM10, Embryo, or another custom rom.

anybody heard any new info on jb update?

anybody heard anything lately?

anybody heard anything lately?
    Just root and get jelly bean now

Banned

Global Posts
    4,451 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

Quote Originally Posted by MrGriffdude View Post
    Just root and get jelly bean now

Not everyone wants to root their phone and most of those stock android ROMs are pretty terrible compared to official touchwiz ROMs, for various reasons. For example, CODEC support is worse, never mind I hate the stock Android UI. Also need the Official JB update to add features Samsung/AT&T ripped out in the ICS update, like WiFi Synching to Kies.

They really should be fast-tracking this update because this phone is borderline unusable on LTE with the current battery life. I really wish I could go back to an HSPA+ device at this point, because having a phone go from 90% to 40% in < one hour of use (web surfing and texting) on LTE makes it almost worthless as a smart device.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ter#AC View Post
    Not everyone wants to root their phone and most of those stock android ROMs are pretty terrible compared to official touchwiz ROMs, for various reasons. For example, CODEC support is worse, never mind I hate the stock Android UI. Also need the Official JB update to add features Samsung/AT&T ripped out in the ICS update, like WiFi Synching to Kies.

They really should be fast-tracking this update because this phone is borderline unusable on LTE with the current battery life. I really wish I could go back to an HSPA+ device at this point, because having a phone go from 90% to 40% in < one hour of use (web surfing and texting) on LTE makes it almost worthless as a smart device.
    Kies is the worst thing ever invented. So i find WiFi syncing to it pretty irrelevant.

Also there are plenty of touch wiz Roms out there like the official rogers jelly bean update that support rooted devices so you really don't need the stock android ui.

Hi guys. I'm T Mobile GS2 user and I'm waiting for the Jelly Bean update like you guys. As we know the international version of GS2 already recieved the JB 4.1 update and I also heard the 4.2.2 is their last firmware update. I'm very happy to hear this news, but will the U.S. GS2 owners will be able to get the update? I hope so. It's almost April now. C'mon Tmo and Att! We need JB NOW!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SamsungGalaxySII View Post
    Hi guys. I'm T Mobile GS2 user and I'm waiting for the Jelly Bean update like you guys. As we know the international version of GS2 already recieved the JB 4.1 update and I also heard the 4.2.2 is their last firmware update. I'm very happy to hear this news, but will the U.S. GS2 owners will be able to get the update? I hope so. It's almost April now. C'mon Tmo and Att! We need JB NOW!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
    Bro what did I tell you earlier. Chill out and have some patience, it'll be a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Will1524 View Post
    Bro what did I tell you earlier. Chill out and have some patience, it'll be a while.

I think that we waited long enough

+1

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Most of the S2s waited until July of last year to finally get the update. You can't expect to get the update this soon when all of the US S3s have just now gotten the update 2-3 months ago. Don't blame Samsung all of the international S2s haven't even gotten the update. Listen you can't expect to always get updates on an Android device. You want consistant updates on an Android phone? Shell out 350 and buy a N4..... Simple as that. So please quit complaining about a freaking update if you're that into it then root and install the leak on your dang phone. Just have some patience and chill.

Banned

Global Posts
    4,451 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

Quote Originally Posted by Will1524 View Post
    Most of the S2s waited until July of last year to finally get the update. You can't expect to get the update this soon when all of the US S3s have just now gotten the update 2-3 months ago. Don't blame Samsung all of the international S2s haven't even gotten the update. Listen you can't expect to always get updates on an Android device. You want consistant updates on an Android phone? Shell out 350 and buy a N4..... Simple as that. So please quit complaining about a freaking update if you're that into it then root and install the leak on your dang phone. Just have some patience and chill.

Something everyone should heavily consider when they buy a phone, and consider the issues this can bring up (like an update breaking your phone and then being forced to wait 6 months for a bug to be fixed).

The N4 didn't exist when most of us got this phone, so really you need to STHU with the whole shell out for an N4 B.S. The SR was only $100 less ON CONTRACT than the N4 so if people had the choice back then they probably would have taken it, anyways. That choice didn't exist, so it doesn't matter now.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ter#AC View Post
    Something everyone should heavily consider when they buy a phone, and consider the issues this can bring up (like an update breaking your phone and then being forced to wait 6 months for a bug to be fixed).

The N4 didn't exist when most of us got this phone, so really you need to STHU with the whole shell out for an N4 B.S. The SR was only $100 less ON CONTRACT than the N4 so if people had the choice back then they probably would have taken it, anyways. That choice didn't exist, so it doesn't matter now.
    +1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast