Aceroller

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone using CM 10 on their Skyrocket? Thoughts? Worth flashing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I've tried CM10 and Orthus One on the xda Site. CM10 was smooth the first few days, then about 3 days in I got about 3 reboots back to back.

Orthus One was really nice too, but it really is an Alpha build overall. If you are comfortable with the possible reboots and an Alpha build, its pretty cool having Google Now.

I ended up going to CM9 based Majick Whizz and will wait until a nightly or stable CM10 comes out.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I've tried CM10 and Orthus One on the xda Site. CM10 was smooth the first few days, then about 3 days in I got about 3 reboots back to back.

Orthus One was really nice too, but it really is an Alpha build overall. If you are comfortable with the possible reboots and an Alpha build, its pretty cool having Google Now.

I ended up going to CM9 based Majick Whizz and will wait until a nightly or stable CM10 comes out.

Cm10 has unofficial nightly builds plus I think every week chopsticks drops a test build

Orthus is built off of aokp built by r4ins on rootz as far as issues with any of majicks builds let me know and I'll talk to him about them if I'm not already aware OK :beer:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
The only JB rom I've tried was R4in's 9/5 AOKP build. In the short time I used it, it worked fine. I just didn't like that I couldn't save pix to my SD card. I'm using SkyICS right now. It's fast and has G-Now, so I'm all good until a more stable JB rom is released. I might try his Sky Jellybean rom later after if I get around to flashing a new recovery.

hotbyz168

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
The only JB rom I've tried was R4in's 9/5 AOKP build. In the short time I used it, it worked fine. I just didn't like that I couldn't save pix to my SD card. I'm using SkyICS right now. It's fast and has G-Now, so I'm all good until a more stable JB rom is released. I might try his Sky Jellybean rom later after if I get around to flashing a new recovery.

Jedah, if you really liked the jb aokp builds; I would suggest astro file manager. It makes it real easy to transfer pictures and what not. This new build is so much better than Sept 5th. I'm running Sept 26.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

brytonic

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I was checking this past Friday (10/5) as I wanted to play with a JB ROM or two, and Team Chopsticks updated their thread indicating that official nightlies are now being released for the SR!!

I flashed and have been running it since Friday night (10/5). I have had one or two minor issues, a battery drain that was fixed with a reboot and one system reboot while I was trying to play a web video through BS Player. Other than those the build is stable, to the point that I may delete my NAND backup of CM 9.0.0 that I was running prior. I used Go Backup for the first time and it helped the ROM switching process greatly. I couldn't bring myself to start over fresh on Bad Piggies...lol.

So, the Skyrocket has official nightly builds now which is great. I don't know where they are in the overall process, I assume still alpha. If so, hats off because it is pretty darn stable!

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I've been trying the CM10 Nightlys the last few days. Not bad at all, I really like the long SMS problem is fixed. There have been some battery drains on some but 10/10 is pretty stable overall.

Google Now is great! I love that it shows me traffic getting home. The other day I had a calendar reminder to meet some family at Disneyland and when I checked my notifications that morning, it showed me an approximate time to get to Anaheim and the best route based on traffic! If only it could read my last text...

larrynannery

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
For us adopters of CM10, any tweaks to help with the battery drain? I have been playing with the CPU modifier. I love JB, but I had just got my stock ICS to last 8 hours with normal usage, now I'm down to 6 even with minimal usage. I can't find any major red flag, just slow battery drain. Not a big stress during the week when I can recharge, but hell on weekends.

brytonic

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Beacio_mo or larrynannery, is there a way to update CM10 (10/5) to the current Milestone build without a complete wipe? I don't think they included ROM manager with 10/5 and when I go to System Settings -> About phone -> CyanogenMod updates it instantly halts and gives me 'unfortunately, Settings has stopped'

Maybe a proper flash would be better anyway. Would be nice not to set EVERYTHING back up again. I also saw a post about CM Updater, but I don't see that app either.

K0dos

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I loaded CM 10 M2 last night. It is a huge improvement over the stock ICS. It is very fast and no real issues so far. The only thing I have noticed is the CRT screen off animation sometimes doesn't work but that's not a big deal. All of the normal activities I use it for have been perfect. Bluetooth in the car worked flawlessly with Pandora and Doggcatcher. No force closes on any apps so far. It seems very stable.

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Beacio_mo or larrynannery, is there a way to update CM10 (10/5) to the current Milestone build without a complete wipe? I don't think they included ROM manager with 10/5 and when I go to System Settings -> About phone -> CyanogenMod updates it instantly halts and gives me 'unfortunately, Settings has stopped'

Maybe a proper flash would be better anyway. Would be nice not to set EVERYTHING back up again. I also saw a post about CM Updater, but I don't see that app either.

It isn't a good idea to flash with Rom Manager anyways. If you want to flash over a previous build just wipe everything except /data in recovery and flash it manually. Make sure to wipe /system, /cache, and dalvik cache before flashing.

A full wipe is always recommended but as long you don't wipe /data you will still have your apps and app data intact. My suggestion would be to use an app backup program like Titanium Backup and backup your apps then wipe everything and restore your apps on a fresh rom flash. That way you'll always have your apps and data but don't run the risk of getting a boot loop after flashing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888