11-16-2012 02:56 PM
- I mean hardware that doesn't work when using a ROM (ex: camera, wifi connectivity, etc.).
Back to topic, I'm able to download the Isis app (showed up in the Play Store). n8ter, maybe that update was good for something after all.
Edit: I spoke too soon...it would give me a "Missing shared library" error. Maybe because I'm not in either city (Salt Lake City or Austin), and I need a special SIM card for it to work. Beans.10-25-2012 10:05 PM
- Like the rest of you, I'm confused as to what this update was and what other function is was suppose to bring. However, it did install successfully. But, it's no Jellybean. I attempted to install Isis app and keep getting missing library. Only redeeming feature is I'm getting ready to purchase the Note 2 later next month.10-26-2012 06:27 AM
- 10-27-2012 12:12 AM
- 10-27-2012 09:29 AM
That's why they didn't bother to give us a change log. It's fine though. I upgraded to Windows 8 so I'm looking into a Windows Phone 8 device. Works better with my PC and I won't have to worry about having my phone crippled behind my back anymore.10-28-2012 09:24 AM
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 210-28-2012 10:38 AM
- jsarinoGreetings, program!I actually think I'm getting BETTER battery usage since the update. I presume that is due to the resetting that was part of the update. I applied it on 10/27/12.
My battery usage is here.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums10-30-2012 04:10 PM
- I picked up a used second Skyrocket in white (for my wife...her Atrix is crapping out) and it's at 2.3.6 and factory reset. Before I move things over, I'm doing the ICS Kies update and software update. I'm hoping that it'll run well since it's going to be done from scratch.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums10-30-2012 08:27 PM
Secondly, I just found out that the WiFi Direct on this phone is a buggy piece of trash. All it does is crash the phone. Windows 8 has built in WiFi Direct support. I've only gotten the phone to connect once and I couldn't transfer anything before it inexplicately dropped the connection. Any other time, it crashes the entire launcher/TouchWiz. AllShare cannot share to XB360, either, and the USB connection on this phone is so flakey that you never know if it'll work, nevermind Kies being a steaming pile of trash. So I'm out of options for reliably getting stuff off of this phone other than buying a BT dongle (yea, right) or emailing stuff to myself, which won't happen on either end because transferring 200MB videos over BT or email simply won't cut it.
Rooting won't fix any of that, so I'm curious as to why you've mentioned it... No one really cares about the bloatware. they probably take up like 15 MB total. Most are nothing but links to the full app in the Play Store, and almost all of them can be disabled (All Except AT&T Ready To Go).
Phone is rife with bugs. Not sure which existed pre-ICS because I didn't use the phone much with GB on it (I had a Vivid then an ion then, but DLNA and WiFi Direct worked on both those devices flawlessly). I'm not bothered to go back to reflash to GB only to find out it was broken there as well (did that with AllShare) and then reflash again to ICS (assuming my USB connection doesn't flake out and brick my phone, it's too risky at this point).
I'm taking it to AT&T tomorrow, and bringing my laptop with me cause they like to try to argue. I hope they don't make me break my computer on their face. I'm done with this B.S.
P.S. Windows 8 runs flawlessly. It's like having a full desktop OS with Motorola WebTop built into it.11-04-2012 10:07 PM
- I'll tell you what got updated. It's the same update I got on my Samsung Galaxy 2 Tab 10.1. It disables the local search facility. If you don't know what this is and have never used it, you probably won't care. Do a Google search from your home page. Search for a name you know is in your Contact List, or for an app that you know you have installed. It the search results send you out to the web, and doesn't give you any local options, then Samsung has disabled the local search because Apple claims they hold a patent on it.
So, Apple is trying to control how your device works, even if you refused to buy an Apple for that very reason.
There is an app that you can download that reactivates this feature. The problem is, you have to put in on the SD card or your file system and reinstall it every time you want to use it. Unless your phone is rooted, and I won't root my phone after reading all the horror stories in this forum. GoogleQuickSearch.apk Samsung Galaxy S III Local Search fix offered by XDA Developers | Android Community.11-05-2012 05:13 AM
- I took my phone to the AT&T DSC and they replaced it with a basically brand new one that had ICS 4.0.4 but didn't have the latest update. Actually, I should have taken it back a long time ago because this device's screen looks completely different than my original one (none of the "painted look when you have a pure color on the screen i.e. black") and of course the mUSB data connection actually works. Anyways, it doesn't have the OTA update applied and I'm not going to apply it. If the JB update ends up coming to this phone and it's missing Universal Search I'll just buy another phone and move on.
AllShare is still broken on this phone, Wi-Fi Direct is still a steaming pile of trash.
Worst purchase I've made since the Galaxy S Vibrant, but then again, I should have expected that.
EDIT: @AndroidCentral, this whole Passport thing is a steaming pile of poo. I had to basically create a whole new AndroidCentral account because it wouldn't let me link my old one. Kept telling me it was not a valid account.11-08-2012 12:06 PM
i.e. If you press the search key and search for i.e. "Chris Spheeris" instead of bringing up Albums and Songs in your media Library, it will only allow you to search Google for it on the web. It's quite a nerf to the phone's functionality. One of the big complaints about WP7/7.5 was the lack of Universal Search, for example.11-16-2012 02:56 PM
- By Ronnie Brown in forum IntroductionsReplies: 1Last Post: 08-25-2012, 07:36 AM
- By croney59 in forum AT&T Samsung InfuseReplies: 3Last Post: 09-25-2011, 01:48 PM
- By basketballbrian in forum International Optimus 2XReplies: 2Last Post: 08-16-2011, 12:45 PM
- By whitenack in forum AT&TReplies: 0Last Post: 07-06-2011, 09:05 AM
- By Dilrod in forum AT&T Inspire 4GReplies: 0Last Post: 04-30-2011, 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD