Change default music player

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
install the one you want to use
go into settings...apps and then find the app that is the default (the one that opens up)
tap that, then scroll down to where it says defaults and hit clear.

Now if you open up some music it should ask you to choose the default player choose the one you want. I am not sure if your options will be just once or always, but you geet the jist, choose always if you want the new one to be your default

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Und the setting menu, and then go to apps, find music player and tap it. You will see data usage, space consumed, a button to force close the app, etc. Scroll down and you will see a button to clear default either above or below the permissions granted to the app. It has been that way since ?clair if I remember right

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

BISCUITBALLS

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Well done. You did it. I'd seen the applications menu in settings before, but the app wasnt showing up because i hadnt selected to show all apps. Thanks a bunch!

MloTJ

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
From Previous Post: "Now if you open up some music it should ask you to choose the default player choose the one you want. I am not sure if your options will be just once or always, but you geet the jist, choose always if you want the new one to be your default"

I selected to use one player always, and will not allow me to change, how I could reset it back to the selection area?

Last edited:

ThePsalmistt

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
install the one you want to use
go into settings...apps and then find the app that is the default (the one that opens up)
tap that, then scroll down to where it says defaults and hit clear.

Now if you open up some music it should ask you to choose the default player choose the one you want. I am not sure if your options will be just once or always, but you geet the jist, choose always if you want the new one to be your default

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz