Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: microphone not working

Quote Originally Posted by cpufixerjr View Post
    This weekend my phone was working fine, then today I got a few calls and the people said they could not hear me. Tonight I tested using my wifes phone and confirmed that the microphone was not working. When I switched to speaker mode it worked fine. I tried turning off the noise cancellation. Any other things I can try?

After doing a full back to stock using Kies, the mic still would not work. I took it to an AT&T warranty center, they did a factory restore again. Ultimately she used a needle to clean some debris from the mic port by the usb connector.
    Thank you so much for sharing I've been trying to fix my mic for about a week now tried everything with no luck but this has fixed my problem

My A0001 OnePlus is a great handset but 2 weeks the other side of the warranty expiring the Mic stopped working on normal calls. Works fine on Tango and recording anything but that's all. OnePlus didn't want to know about it of course and palmed me off.
    The 3 mics are all clean or Tango and recording wouldn't work.
    Does anybody have any clues for me besides dumping the thing.

Glenn

Yes it has worked fine since then. Glad my sharing helped someone else.
    I was skeptical, but it was an easy enough option to attempt.
    I was surprised that a two second poke into mic with safety pin was all it took!
    Mic is working perfectly now.
    Thank you

my mic has failed to work and my callers cant hear me at all .It has now forced me to use earphone. i have tried all i cant and now i surrender. please help me with a solution.

I can't beleive.. it relly helped!

This worked 100% thank you so much. I thought I tried everything...

First thought was, it couldn't possibly be that simple a solution.
    Took a shirt pin and stuck it into the hole by the usb charger slot
    on my Galaxy S3 and Voila - it's a miracle!
    It goes without saying, but I will say it anyway.....
    You da Man!!

Quote Originally Posted by amemberwiththisusername View Post
    For me it's the voice search apps preventing the handset microphone from working. I've managed to get rid of two of them but haven't managed to delete google voice search. Instead I went into the app's settings -> voice -> speech output and changed it from hands-free to off, but it sometimes it resets itself and the mic goes again! Really frustrating!
    Thanks! That's what was happening to my phone. I had no idea that could mess with the mic settings.

This weekend my phone was working fine, then today I got a few calls and the people said they could not hear me. Tonight I tested using my wifes phone and confirmed that the microphone was not working. When I switched to speaker mode it worked fine. I tried turning off the noise cancellation. Any other things I can try?

my mic too isnt working.google search is working perfectly but caller cannot hear my voice.any suggestions?

Hi iam abhijit ... Go ur application seeting and scearch dialar option then clear data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12