microphone not working

Hasi Grover

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks so much. I got panicked when i noticed that mic of my phone stopped working all of a sudden. Then before taking my phone to samsung, i decided to take help of google. Then i came through your answers and tried fixing the problem. Took out battery and then after inserting again, restarted the device. Problem was not fixed. Then i cleaned the Mic hole with a pin and to my surprise it is fixed now. Thanks so much.

hermantel

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello, had same problem with my Samsung S4 Mini,
Problem was so simple I almost felt stupid. But was my second day I had my phone so is a little bit of an excuse maybe haha.
So the answer is go to your green phone button.like you want to call yourself for instance to don't want to disturb anybody right?.Now press call and phone will give message that you can not phone of cause.,No problem. Another menu, your call menu, will appear. Press the button mute mice again. And everything will work just fine,
Good luck. Greetings Herman from the Netherlands,

lucyjade

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
After doing a full back to stock using Kies, the mic still would not work. I took it to an AT&T warranty center, they did a factory restore again. Ultimately she used a needle to clean some debris from the mic port by the usb connector.

Thank you so much for sharing I've been trying to fix my mic for about a week now tried everything with no luck but this has fixed my problem :D

Glenn Heran

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
My A0001 OnePlus is a great handset but 2 weeks the other side of the warranty expiring the Mic stopped working on normal calls. Works fine on Tango and recording anything but that's all. OnePlus didn't want to know about it of course and palmed me off.
The 3 mics are all clean or Tango and recording wouldn't work.
Does anybody have any clues for me besides dumping the thing.

Glenn

Edwin Rotich

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
my mic has failed to work and my callers cant hear me at all .It has now forced me to use earphone. i have tried all i cant and now i surrender. please help me with a solution.

Mark 5419

May 17, 2016
Visit site
First thought was, it couldn't possibly be that simple a solution.
Took a shirt pin and stuck it into the hole by the usb charger slot
on my Galaxy S3 and Voila - it's a miracle!
It goes without saying, but I will say it anyway.....
You da Man!!:cool:

EnyoNyx

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
For me it's the voice search apps preventing the handset microphone from working. I've managed to get rid of two of them but haven't managed to delete google voice search. Instead I went into the app's settings -> voice -> speech output and changed it from hands-free to off, but it sometimes it resets itself and the mic goes again! Really frustrating!

Thanks! That's what was happening to my phone. I had no idea that could mess with the mic settings.

1abhijit

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
This weekend my phone was working fine, then today I got a few calls and the people said they could not hear me. Tonight I tested using my wifes phone and confirmed that the microphone was not working. When I switched to speaker mode it worked fine. I tried turning off the noise cancellation. Any other things I can try?

Hi iam abhijit ... Go ur application seeting and scearch dialar option then clear data

Jerry Boston

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
Re: microphone not workingfaa

Hi I had the same problem on my tab4 I unistalled all recently installed apps and the problem went away when I removed a task killer app and a app cleaners

fred dobbs1

Jan 19, 2017
Visit site
The reason that the microphone won't work in my messenger was that I had dragon assistant on here,,if you have an assistant check it,,delete and reinstall..

Shaksta 101

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
I am an android with the marshmallow version and I am a youtuber, when I try to record my videos the mic doesnt work and I have been looking all over to see whats wrong but it just isnt working,even when I make phone calls it doesnt work please help me out and subscribe to my channel Shaksta 101

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca