microphone not working

cpufixerjr

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
This weekend my phone was working fine, then today I got a few calls and the people said they could not hear me. Tonight I tested using my wifes phone and confirmed that the microphone was not working. When I switched to speaker mode it worked fine. I tried turning off the noise cancellation. Any other things I can try?

cpufixerjr

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
After doing a full back to stock using Kies, the mic still would not work. I took it to an AT&T warranty center, they did a factory restore again. Ultimately she used a needle to clean some debris from the mic port by the usb connector.

Gord Lindsay

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Just want to say, "Thanks!" I just had the same problem. Even though the speakerphone mic would work on my Galaxy S2, the regular mic would not. I couldn't record voice memos or make calls on it. I updated the firmware, and nothing happened. Then, I took one of those very thin shirt pins, and poked it up. Fixed!

Thanks again.

wilsongirloneonly

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to know if anyone can tell me why I could ask my phon a ? a minute ago and now it won't work. I wsd messing with the settings and must of done something wrong. Can anyone tell me what I did? Please help me

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to know if anyone can tell me why I could ask my phon a ? a minute ago and now it won't work. I wsd messing with the settings and must of done something wrong. Can anyone tell me what I did? Please help me

Try going to settings, applications, find the voice search, Google search, or name of voice application you ask questions. Once you find it press force close and clear data. Try using it again to see if it works.

Private message me if it doesn't fix it. I'm not always checking threads on here.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Anthony Feuerstein

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Did what help? Did you provide a solution I'm missing? My mic is not picking up/ recognizing any sound on my new galaxy tablet 2 7.0. Anyone have any suggestions or fixes? I've rebooted, tried external recording apps and it's still not working. Is Samsung starting to put out garbage because their moving to fast?

Last edited by a moderator:

chelvashan

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Just FYI through the forum I was able to solve my phone problem where Microphone or the receiver went dead. Ear phone had the receiver noise also the speaker phone ok. The fix was find the minute hole near the usb connector on its left and clean it with a tiny pin by poking into the hole which cleared the derbis collected due usage. Behold after that it worked fine. I should thank the forum advise. Much grateful.
regards
Chelva Shan

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
For me it's the voice search apps preventing the handset microphone from working. I've managed to get rid of two of them but haven't managed to delete google voice search. Instead I went into the app's settings -> voice -> speech output and changed it from hands-free to off, but it sometimes it resets itself and the mic goes again! Really frustrating!

PhilYulia

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I really appreciate this post. I had the same problem with a Galaxy II Skyrocket... microphone not working, no one could hear me except on speakerphone (there are apparently different microphones for phone and speakerphone). Thanks for the simplest of solutions - a needle indeed cleaned out the port and instantly fixed the problem! So much for the AT&T tech who said I needed a repair or a new phone...

tj4fa

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Here's where you "poke it":

I just helped my son fix his by the common-pin needle poke method.

The hole is super tiny and is near, but not in, the fire wire connector on the bottom.

The microphone hole is about a half inch up and to the left of the fire wire port on the bottom of the phone. It is on the chrome trim portion of the casing as you look at the face of the phone. If you're not looking real hard for it you might miss it.

Hope this helps...:)

DKSaville

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Crazy how something so simple can be the cure. I was getting really annoyed with people telling me they couldn't hear me properly. I also have a galaxy s2. Like everyone else I guess when I switched to speakerphone it was fine. I made a voice recording before fixing and indeed my voice was distant and there was a lot of background noise. I pushed the needle into the mic slot next to the usb charge slot, made another recording and fantastically its nice and clear and working fine. Thanks a lot for posting the solution, its so simple, but these days I think everyone looks for the more complicated answer and refuses to believe the problem can be so easy to fix

Rohit Rock1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I just buy Note-3 N9005 32 GB phone through ebay and i am facing below issue.
When i am doing call with mic then other end person not able to hear me.
But when i enable speaker then same person able to hear me clearly so i am sure that my new phone mic is not working.
Now after reading this thread i am surprise that how phone mic are suddenly stop working and after inserting something its start working...its out of my mind.
whoever try this trick can tell me if you inserting something then why that mic is damage?
ppl r talking about to insert pin in hole so definitely it will damage your mic .... can i try with this trick with my new phone....??? so much confuse.....

i am also having same problem with my new Note-3 N9005 ...what you did to resolve this issue?

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo