Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Will you install CM10 on your Skyrocket?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 85.71%
  • No

0 0%
  • What's a ROM?

2 14.29%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Cyanogenmod 10 stable is out!

Thanks Jacques!

Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle_48770 View Post
    i have to say jacques for catching someone asking the same question again after he was given links already, you did a great job of both giving more information and second letting him/her know its on them to do the reading slash watching to figure it out themselves. Most pp especially on xda would just flame the person for not reading themselves, great job
    I asked in this thread first but I didn't think anyone would respond so I made my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  
    Greetings, program!

Global Posts
    1,507 Global Posts
    ROM
    rooted Nexus 5

Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle_48770 View Post
    i have to say jacques for catching someone asking the same question again after he was given links already, you did a great job of both giving more information and second letting him/her know its on them to do the reading slash watching to figure it out themselves. Most pp especially on xda would just flame the person for not reading themselves, great job
    Quote Originally Posted by BillCosby View Post
    Thanks Jacques!
    Thanks, guys.

Learning something, especially something beyond your comfort level is a good thing, IMO. I try to do this same philosophy of giving information on the car forum that I admin at, and my day job in another community. If you get the information served up to you on a silver platter, as it were, then how will you really learn about your device? I don't mind people asking questions over and over again, but I expect them to take some effort and learn along the way.

Edit: BillCosby--have you attempted to root and put in CM10 yet?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  
    Greetings, program!

Global Posts
    1,507 Global Posts
    ROM
    rooted Nexus 5

Now that it's been a couple of weeks, what are your thoughts on CM10? I like how quick everything is, having Google Now, and goodbye to the bloat. On the other hand, I miss some of the features of TouchWiz: having folders to put my apps in on the Home pages, an energy saver widget, and I haven't figured out how to have pictures and video saved to the microSD card than having it go to the internal SD.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    Now that it's been a couple of weeks, what are your thoughts on CM10? I like how quick everything is, having Google Now, and goodbye to the bloat. On the other hand, I miss some of the features of TouchWiz: having folders to put my apps in on the Home pages, an energy saver widget, and I haven't figured out how to have pictures and video saved to the microSD card than having it go to the internal SD.
    Drag an icon on top of another icon. Voila- folder.

What do you mean by an energy saver widget? Might be able to help

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  
    Greetings, program!

Global Posts
    1,507 Global Posts
    ROM
    rooted Nexus 5

Quote Originally Posted by mindmajick View Post
    Drag an icon on top of another icon. Voila- folder.

What do you mean by an energy saver widget? Might be able to help

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks about the folders tip! On the energy saver, the stock OS, the feature was under Settings (I don't have my wife's Skyrocket to know what subsection it was under exactly). Since I couldn't find it since flashing, I assumed it to be a TW feature.

On a separate note, I saw a feature where you can switch your phone to 2G mode. Not that I would want mine to run that slow, but has anyone tried it?

for pictures and video cm9 can save to sd but not cm10 so far. right now i have been manually moving them to my sd card after i take the pictures, annoying but works. i disable google now most of the time for the simple reason it takes up to much of my battery. i am away from the charger for 13-14 hours a day and can get annoying if my batter dies on me. i do have a powerskin for my phone just don't like how bulky it makes it so only use it when i have to. plus i only go to and from work (8 miles away and don't live in a huge city), don't watch sports for the most part, so google now is useless for me. it is very smooth and i am a flashaholic so i flash the newest updates every three or four days, i like to give the batter alittle time to settle in after flash so i only flash when i have days off. as for touchwiz the only features i miss are the intergration with facebook (have some third party apps that do that like ecobirthday and ecobirhday contacts) but they don't work as well as touchwiz for me. Also i loved file sharing app that let you share files with your computer i use shifta right now but again not as seemless as touchwiz was.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  
    Greetings, program!

Global Posts
    1,507 Global Posts
    ROM
    rooted Nexus 5

Hmmm, I haven't noticed my battery life getting worse with Google Now. But then again, my connectivity may be a bit better than yours. I've gotten from 18-21 hours with normal usage so far, a little less than what I was getting on stock ICS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    Google Nexus 5--rooted
    HTC Nexus One--my first Android (still alive and kicking)
    HP TouchPad--dual-boot and ported CM10.1
    Pebble smartwatch
    Nike+ SportWatch GPS
    MacBook Pro--guilty pleasure
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12