Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cannot Receive Text Messages

I don't know any details on the issue. All that I know is that since about last night I haven't gotten any texts. I had a friend text me, then i tried texting myself, nothing either time. Please give me insight on the issue and any possible solutions.

Default Re: Cannot Receive Text Messages

need alittle more information, are you stock, rooted, romed. running any third party txt messageing apps like google voice or the million others out there.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

i'm pretty sure that i'm stock (galaxy s2 skyrocket). the only thing that i can tell you is that i use a few group messaging apps because the concept of group messaging is a pile of excrement compared to iphones. I have been using launcher pro for about 5 months. I can send messages for the most part, but i can't receive any. I've booted my phone many times. They say that a few towers are down in my area, but that makes NO sense that i can still send, but can't receive. I really dont know what sort of information you need from me.

the reason i asked is because stuff like third party apps (sms services, launchers and some other) can effect what is getting through to your phone. though its not always or even the most common cause its a possibility. if you don't mind loosing your data try a factory reset, if you really don't want to loose your data just uninstall your launchers and chat services restart phone then have someone send you a text.

I am having this same problem. I can use WiFi, data for internet usage, send and receive calls, and send text messages, but not receive any text messages.

My phone is completely stock, the only 3rd party apps that I have are Bank of America, Coach's Eye, DaTuner Lite, Dropbox, Swiftkey 3, The Weather Channel, and Twitter.

I went to the AT&T store, and after they did all they could and had no answer, they suggested a factory reset, which I would prefer not to do. Any suggestions

Thank you very much to whoever is kind enough to help me with this

sadly i would have to agree with at&t on this one, if your completely stock without any third party apps then its got to be the software or signal, if its the software a factory reset has a high chance of fixing the issue, if that does not work then i would try and download one of the third party apps if its some code that got corrupted in your sms system installing a third party app may fix it, otherwise i have no idea thats the best i can think of right this second

Im having the exact same problem but i Have no third party apps n i just factory reset my phone HELPPPPP!!!!!

Default Cannot Receive Text Messages

I have the Samsung galaxy note buts the international version and everything works including data receiving and making calls and sending text messages but I can not receive any text messages. I restore my phone four times and called att tech support twice what should I do??
    this is the third time it's happen the first time it took four days for me to get back my text messages the second time it took three days and now it's been 2 days so I'm waiting for it to come back. Is there any way to fix this??

I also have Galaxy note international version, rooted, and cannot receive text messages. Same as everyone else, Internet works, can send messages, etc. but cannot receive text messages. This happened to me a few weeks ago and after calling ATT and getting nowhere I removed battery and rebooted device. After rebooting was all good, 2 days of texts came pouring in however, tried this and still no luck. Have not received any texts in 2 days now, checked settings and all looked normal, at a total loss to why not receiving, drives ya nuts!

Finally fixed issue with receiving texts with galaxy note. I took out battery and sim card, waited about 5 minutes. Put battery and sim back in and turned on. Then went to settings and clicked wireless and network, clicked wifi settings and shut off wifi, backed out of wifi settings and clicked mobile network, unchecked/check packet data a few times (see icon on top of phone come on/off) made sure was checked then backed out. Next went to messaging settings, checked/unchecked/checked delivery reports for SMS messaging and Bam, 27 messages poured in. Not sure exactly what fixed it out of these steps, but this is what worked for me.

I attempted doing what you suggested but when I went into Mobile Data and checked it on and off...I did not notice any change on the icon on top of the phone.
    I realized I was not receiving messages when I checked my old Apple phone for some contact information and saw a handful of messages that were sent mostly by Apple users. I do not have any trouble receiving from my Droid friend. I appreciate any feedback..

It happened to me again, tried my suggestions above and did not work, so I took sim card out and put it into a different (old) phone and booted old phone. Then took out put into the galaxy note, rebooted, and repeated steps above and again all texts from last 2 days came back in. Again not sure what causes this with receiving texts but this is what I did and all good again.

i can not recive any text messages only picture message. ATT tried changing my sim card and that still did not work and im not sure what to do to get my text messages. that is my whole life that is all i do is text because i hate talking on the phone.

- - - Updated - - -

i can not recive any text messages only picture message. ATT tried changing my sim card and that still did not work and im not sure what to do to get my text messages. that is my whole life that is all i do is text because i hate talking on the phone.

I am facing the same problem. I have a samsung galaxy ace 2 and I cannot receive or make any texts. It says "Currently unable to send your message. It will be sent when the service becomes available." Same with calling, When I try calling it says "not registered on network". I am with Bell and This just started happening tonight and I have had the phone for less than two weeks. Any advice??

Hi, I have an LG Optimus with Bell and I stopped reveiving text messages a week ago. It is very annoying because nobody can reach me. I called Bell and they told me to change my sim card but with the comments here I'm not sure it will work. It costs me 80$/month I am pissed. I tried checking/unchecking settings like ear3d said above but nothing works. Don't know what to do!

It is different with me! I recieve texts but not all of them. My boyfriend has to send his texts more than twice so that I get them. Most of the time I do not get any of them and sometimes his messages collide with other texts he has sent in the past. Also I get messages that he has sent in the past that I haven't recieved on a later date. Any suggestions on what I should do? My boyfriend has had his phone checked and there are no solutions that have worked. It is very annoying and even all the phone shops cannot solve the problem. Please help!

Not sure if this is the right place, but I'm having trouble getting Text Messages to come in on my Honda CRV's Navi system.
    Calls come in via Bluetooth, and I can make outgoing calls...all handsfree...but text messages do not come in like they used to with my old phone.
    Does anyone have any experience with anything like this? Thanks in advance.
    kmi

Hi Boudou22, did you get your phone fixed? I have the same phone with Virgin Mobile and I don t receive any texts since yesterday morning. I went to the store today and they changed the sim card , worked when the guys at the store sent me the test texts and now is gone again. I tried all the steps from above doesnt work...funny enough I got some texts from Virgin Mobile for feedback. I texted myself and it worked but I don t receive from anybody else texts...it is very frustrating. They told me I should send the phone to be checked but it might take two months to get it back.

Hello, Uhm Im having some problems too with my phone. I have a samsung galaxy sII and i cant recieve texts from people who are in the states. Im with virgin mobile, And i had called there and they told me to get a new sim card. so did, but Im still not getting anything. And when my friend from the states try to send me a text they get a message that says that my number is landline #. But when he texts other people in Canada he has no problem! Can anyone help?

since having worked at&t customer service, the best solution is to do a factory reset. It's pretty darn simple, but, for records sake, call whatever carrier's customer service line. If the problem persists, it will be notated on your account. You may have to have the unit replaced. Don't fear this. Now, if it happens again, actually, 3 times (at&t customers), by policy should receive a cost free upgrade. It has been 3 years since I worked for them, but little things like this you should inquire about. But, you cannot have any damage whatskever to your phone. LDI and water damage indicators should be clear before they will even work with ya. If you do have damage, pray you remembered to get insurance. If not, you got a pretty expensive paperweight.

Posted via Android Central App

Just take the case off. Worked for me...the case was interfering with the signals causing the phone to lose reception. I was unable to send/receive messages or make phone calls with the case on. Good luck!

Here's the answer that solved it for me. Go to settings then apps then messaging. Force stop. It worked for me

Question Re: Cannot Receive Text Messages

I have a new phone , it is Samsung Galaxy Ace. I wondered why I can send messages to other but I can't receive any text messages.I look at the settings but I either see any setting of how to receive messages. Can you please help me to know if how to receive messages? Please do help me.

I have got this problem since this morning. My phone have 2 Sims and I'm using them at the same time. Then sms problem occurred. I have sent sms but no receive. At last it was solved when I follow: system settings>apps>all>messaging

Then tipped "launch by default(clear defaults)"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast