Having major battery issues on 2 of my phones.

hanly2

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have 2 Skyrockets running on att. And recently the battery life is terrible. It is this bad my phone will go from 100% to dead in 3-4 hours just sitting there with the screen off. I don't know if it is from the LTE that just started around here or what, but I can't use my phone like this my car charger can't even keep up with the battery drain, I am lucky if it charges 5% in 1hr. What should I do? Is there something wrong with the phone?

gargoyle_48770

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
only way lte could kill your battery that fast is if you were just barely getting a signal and it was going in/out. more than likely you have something continually running on the phones download cpu spy and find out if your phone is going to sleep if not then battery apps like betterbatterystats can tell you whats keeping your phone awake, if it was your signal there are ways around that.

tvandegr

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem recently and it turned out to be my corporate email account. I deleted the account and re-added it and things seems a lot better. I don't know what caused it as I had not modified any settings on that e-mail in several months.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

asterather

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you go to battery in settings, it'll show you what has been eating your battery. And, like they said, make sure you don't have background apps running.

hanly2

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Deleted my email account and today I took my phone off the charger at 6 am, it is now 5pm and I still have 42% battery left, did not plug it into charger once. That is ridiculous. I love my new battery life but I would like to check my email also. Maybe I need a different email app?

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Keep us posted as I would like to know the answer too. A friend of mine has a regular ATT S2 (non Skyrocket) and it had the exact same issue w/ exchange services since she set her phone up at work. I would be curious if an alternative email client fixed the problem.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
How about 2x Battery Saver? It does a kind of algorithm where it turns on and off internet connection, but keeps your important apps synched. Try that and see if it works for you.

hanly2

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I have an update. I reinstalled my email and my phone is still lasting 12-15 hours a day. I don't know what the problem was. I would try that and also check your email settings and frequency.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Its called a wakelock. Your phone was not sleeping properly. Get better battery stats it will help locate issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12