sporadic service with skyrocket, someone please help. AT&T said they have no idea what is wrong

Nick Bruner

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, first post on here. I was wondering if someone could help me figure out how to fix this issue. When calling, my phone says "not registered on network" or "mobile network not available", and when people text me, I get them hours later. Trying to send messages has become as difficult as the 7 trials of hercules... Of anyone could help, it would be appreciated. I do not have the money to replace my phone, sadly, so this is quite urgent.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Re: sporadic service with skyrocket, someone please help. AT&T said they have no idea what is wrong

Wow that is very weird. I have never heard of those errors. I would take your phone to an AT&T owned store not a retailer or kiosk and ask them. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: sporadic service with skyrocket, someone please help. AT&T said they have no idea what is wrong

I've seen people post this issue with unlocked phones in the past. Have you tried a different SIM card? Or have you messed around with your apn's at all?

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

Check to see in your settings (Wireless & Networks>More>Mobile Networks) if Data enabled is checked. If so, check your Access Point Names (APN's) and see if you have ATT enabled. Assuming that's enabled, then check these settings:
APN--pta
MMSC--http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy--proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port--80
MCC--310
MNC--410
APN type--default,supl,mms
APN protocol--IPv4
APN enable/disable--should be checked (enabled)

Hope this helps!

David Mann

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

Hey I have the exact same problem. Bought a refurbished phone from at&t. Skyrocket. I called at&t twice and talked to several people and it royalty blows their mind. They have no idea and a factory reset did not work. Sim card works fine in other phones so its not the problem. So right now my nice phone is no more then a miniature tablet while I use my old galaxy s for my phone. Also they wont replace because my warrenty was only 30 days. I have had the phone 6 months and not been able to use it for its original intent for 3 months......... very frusterating, but now I know I am not the only one. Good luck. Hope somebody can help us.

Sharon Land

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

Have had alot of same issues, plus more. My new galaxy skyrk with a year warranty has been replaced by att 3 times with refurbs and they cant figure out what the problem is. Every one they send has different problems. The only thing they all have the same is PROBLEMS. Sometimes it takes a week or 2 start seeing real weird issues , att calls crazzineds and l call BS. Im just fed up . Like what lm suppose to have in my galaxy when im getting it. So next im insisting l get a new one not a refurb. How much patience am l suppose to have? . If they dont , my 2 yr contract will not be renewed at att. And l have been thete for 20 plus yrs. Good luck to you and me l guess. :(

khalickk

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

I tried a different sim card and the out come is still the same it still looses the network every now and then

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane