Playing music (large database)

nathanielz

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello

I have two questions in one.

I have a very large music database (around 50gb) that I want to port to my phone (galaxy s2 skyrocket with rogers).

I tried first a 64gb micro sdxc class 10 uhs-1 card from sandisk. However, I have to reformat it every couple of days because it becomes corrupt (damaged sd card), loses songs, the music player shows songs with 00:00 run time, or plays them and suddenly stops and says "the player cannot play this type of file", and other problems like that. I've tried erasing the cache of media storage and stock music player, then restarting the phone. Sometimes it works, sometimes it says damaged sd card. Sometimes the music player can't find

Sometimes I open the phone and see more space on the sd card than before, so I know it lost some files (sometimes thousands).

Do you have any idea what the problem is?

Second question, I am thinking of getting a flash drive with otg usb cable to put my music outside the phone and plugging it only when necessary. However, will the stock music player see the songs and playlists on the flash drive?

Thanks,

Nathaniel

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Nathaniel, I don't know the answer to your second question, but on your first question, the expandable microSD card slot is supposed to handle cards only up to 32gb. So, anything bigger than that may (and has in your case) cause errors.