Screen doesn't turn on no matter what; still makes sounds

Ian Campos

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes my screen doesn't turn on and all I can do is force restart it. Sometimes, though, when I turn it on, it doesn't get any further than the glowing Samsung logo. When this happens, all I can do is re-flash it. This is very tedious, so I'm wondering what kinds of things are known to cause these issues so I can make sure this doesn't happen again.

My device: rooted SGH-I727 running Android version UCKJ2

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a possible bootloader issue. I've seen it on HTC phones where you would need to install an older hboot, but I've not known this to be an issue on Samsung phones. When you re-flash the ROM, did you do a wipe/factory reset prior to doing it?

Edit: Can you get in recovery mode? What recovery program are you using? CWM? Do you have the latest version? Also, have you considered flashing back the stock ROM (using Odin), then reflash the custom ROM and gapps file?

Last edited:

Ian Campos

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I use Odin because I'm using the stock ROM, and I've found that if I don't wipe the cache or anything, I don't lose any data and it unbricks my phone. But my phone still tends not respond sometimes when I try to turn the screen on and so I still risk bricking it again.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
If you are using Titanium Backup, you could save your data that way. If you've re flashed the ROM and are still having issues, then assuming you've done your backups, including backing up any media you have to the external SD or your desktop, do a wipe/reset, re flash again and boot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

roroandroid

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Even I have the same issue, My phone is completely switched of. When trying to turn on, the SAMSUNG screen comes up and goes blank making vibrations for every 2 secs, When shown at ATT they said that its stuck in boot loop, can not be fixed, Not under contract, Can any one help with a possible solution plz

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if your power button is "dirty" or stuck. This has happened with my Skyrocket (twice), so I ended up doing some surgery, so to speak. You will need a micro screwdriver set (the kind of set to work on electronics, watches) to carefully take the shell underneath the rear case apart. I found small debris stuck behind the power button. I then tried to pick it off by either blowing it out, or taking a piece of paper or one of the flathead micro screwdrivers. This did the trick for me.

If you're not confident about doing this, and/or you are still in the warranty period, then you can go to a phone repair place and have someone do this for you. There's also the possibility that the button itself is bad. In either case, a phone repair place may be able to diagnose this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza