Songs keep doubling

nickbettschen

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey so I've just got a sd card and added all mu music and since I've added it I've noticed all my songs have doubled but the doubles are just blank. Does anyone know what's going on

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Android Central Forums

bnick467

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Goto Settings > Apps > Media Storage, select Clear Data, then Reboot.

Yes, this does work, but then the same thing happens at a later time. Does anyone know the reason it's happening, or how to prevent it from happening again in the future? Every time I have to reset my custom ringtones, pics, etc. in my contact list.

wfdavis87

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
That happened to me and I found that I had two copies of my songs. Both where in a media folder on the SD card and the internal memory of the phone. I deleted the media folder on the phone went to settings Apps and cleared media storage and rebooted. So far I still have one list.
Now if I could figure out why it keeps making blank pictures in the gallery. :-\

poconojoe57

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I too have this problem. It drives me nuts! Duplicate songs that sometimes don't even play and sometimes do play. I have meticulously deleted them and they eventually come back. I've tried different players too.

SpringCTIL

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Good Morning:

How do you clear up this issue in Jelly Bean 4.1.2? I hate seeing all the duplicates that aren't really there.

Thanks.

Spring.