Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Default Re: APN Settings for Internet and MMS for Straight Talk for At&T Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket

Quote Originally Posted by stimmons68 View Post
    thanks for the post. Got my hubby a Samsung Rugby Smart, finally got it set up and phones switched,, except,, the messages wasnt working, used your post and it works now.. thanks again. i signed up to thank you..
    Can you share the exact settings on your Samsung Rugby Smart? Are you using ATT or TMobile SIM? I can use data and receive MMS using the settings here and the one's provided by ST but I am never able to download the picture on MMS messages

Default Re: APN Settings for Internet and MMS for Straight Talk for At&T Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket

Just an update on what finally worked for me. I am using a Samsung Rugby Smart (SCH-i847) that was originally purchased from AT&T. I purchased an AT&T SIM from Straight Talk on Aug 11, 2013 - presumably the newer SIMs that require you to use tfdata for the APN. I used the Straight Talk settings from apn.straighttalkbyop.com. Everything worked except being able to receive MMS messages. I then installed Handcent SMS (free app) on the phone and all MMS starting working properly!
    I spent hours on forums and calls with Straight Talk and no settings worked (you may see some people using att.mvno for their APN but that apparently does not work for users with the newer SIMs). Finally, installing Handcent SMS worked!
    Thanked by:
    Omg76 

Default Re: APN Settings for Internet and MMS for Straight Talk Huawei Ascend W1

Thanks for the link! I tried several of the other posts settings, the "pre paid news" link worked for me, I have internet and mms now, only took about 2 hours! Galaxy S4 Zoom with straighttalk.

I don't know who told you about Handscent SMS but I would like to tell you THANK YOU and GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!! It works. You save me maybe $200 I was thinking of buying a new phone cause nothing worked. Thanks Again
    jozzy22 likes this.

All those settings are outdated the new settings are on the straight talk byop site.i will post a link

So I dont have an android but a windows phone and am having the same issues with not being able to get picture messaging but i can get data any help there???

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Kelly View Post
    So I dont have an android but a windows phone and am having the same issues with not being able to get picture messaging but i can get data any help there???
    I'm having the same problem Rachel I have Lumia 820 on straight talks byop plan and the towers were down in my area and they finally got internet working but MMS is still not working idk if they changed the apn setting are what but before the towers went down everything was working just fine but now its not and I'm getting frustrated with straight talk they had me contact at&t saying it was them and they just routed me back to straight talk.. Ughh some body any body help
    Last edited by Tiff Brooks; 09-21-2013 at 12:50 PM. Reason: wasn't done typing

Hi,
    I have tried the same way you mentioned, but it doesn't help. please advise

But how do I go about creating 2 different APN's .. this is getting confusing on my phone...

Quote Originally Posted by tyrone_allison View Post
    I had the problem going through forums trying to find the settings that work for my phone but to no success but I finally figured it out and I'm posting it on here just in case some one else has my same problem.

I had to create two separate APN's one for internet and one for MMS. Settings are as follows:

Internet:
    Name: Straight Talk Internet
    APN: att.mvno
    Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
    Port: 80
    User Name: Not Set
    Password: Not Set
    Server: Not Set
    MMSC: Not Set
    MMS Proxy: Not Set
    MMS Port: Not Set
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication Type: PAP or CHAP
    APN Type: Internet
    APN Protocol: IPv4
    Bearer: Unspecified

MMS
    Name: Straight Talk MMS
    Proxy: Not Set
    Port: Not Set
    User Name: Not Set
    Password: Not Set
    Server: Not Set
    MMSC:
    MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC: 310
    Authentication Type: PAP or CHAP
    APN Type: Internet+MMS
    APN Protocol: IPv4
    Bearer: Unspecified

Do not forget to create two separate APN's!!!!!

Good Luck!!!

Once you get in to the APN menu, hit the menu button and create a new APN.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

that two APN thing really works.....thanks
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by MJ_33 View Post
    I am using an At&t Samsung Skyrocket on Straight Talk, running Jellybean. Calls, internet, & mms are all working GREAT!

My APN settings are:

Name: straight talk
    Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
    Port: 80
    Server: not set
    MMSC:
    MMS proxy: mms2.tracfone.com
    MMS port: 80
    MCC:310
    Authentication type: none
    APN type: not set

I hope this helps....

I have a samsung galaxy 3 that I unlocked from Verizon to go to straight talk but I can only get Wi-Fi and it says my SIM card is not supported. I went to change my apn but there isn't anything there and it won't let me add or change anything. Anybody know what I need to do. Every thing works but the SIM card

Which APN setting do u pick once you input them both into the phone? Straight Talk Internet or Straight Talk MMS?

How did you get it to work..I am having issues with getting my appeal to connect to the internet.

Super thanks for this guys!!! I just switched over to ST. My daughter still is on ATT go plan. So far I liked the ST service but was having problems connecting to internet outside of wifi. I called customer service with ST and eventhough the guy was quite nice, he got on my nerves cause he was telling me settings that I had already had on the phone... So needless to say, while he had me "take the battery out for 1 minute" blah blah i was able to find this site and get the service working like it was intended... Oh yeah, and while I was on my "1 minute", I hung up on the guy... Fixed it all by myself (with a little help fro you guys!)

Trying this and hoping it works. I got both apn's set up. I can only use one apn setting at a time.

Didn't work for me. Idk what to do.

I have a HTC One VX It was work just fine till i put in the SIM card from straight talk now i got a black screen.

I have a samsung galaxy note 1 which I can't get the correct apn setting for my mms or internet which is on straight talk service with the AT&T compatiable sim any help ?

So how the hell do u get both to work at same time.. I've changed the settings so many times I
    The internet doesn't work anymore...I've got to change back to some other settings. I put 2 settings in the apn setting don't know if they r the same as yours but I'm ready to pull my hair out! I got a AT&T huawii phone (or however it's spelled) somebody HELP

Has Anyone figured out the problem with receiving MMS messages on an AT&T Samsung Captivate Glide, Unlocked, using a Straight Talk SIM Card?? I have tried EVERY APN setting under the sun, am only allowed 1 APN setting, still Cannot receive MMS texts. Been working on this for 3 weeks now, Straight Talk keeps giving me 1 APN setting and they say it's the phone although they say the phone is Compatible and I should not be having this problem. I also waited for my monthly subscription to run out, paid and reset it this morning... STILL Nothing. They are clueless, at&t is clueless, I'm frustrated to the max and am still stuck with 2 useless phones (I bought my boyfriend the same phone and we both use Straight Talk, with the same issue) in which we can send MMS but Cannot recieve them =( TY!

What if your phone is originally from AT&T instead of cingular? I don't have the APN Protocol setting as an option
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12