Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Default Re: Straight Talk APN Settings for Internet and MMS for At&T Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket

I have galaxy 4 and followed your steps but 1 question .... after making apn settings and saving them do i then default it to the new apn or wait til after rebooting OR does it even matter? ....... NEVERMIND as your instructions will not work for me!!!
    Last edited by deleriouschic; 10-30-2013 at 11:20 AM. Reason: add

Default Re: Straight Talk APN Settings for Internet and MMS for At&T Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket

I can't receive pictures or send em. Can someone please help me?

Am hoping this works. I change something and I lose something. Last time I changed the apn settings I lost my internet. I can send mms but have not been able to receive.

Thank you so much for this!! I have been tryin got fix my xperia pro for a week! and this combination worded!!! mms data and pictures!!! I have an att straight talk sim
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by sweetride View Post
    Thank you. I was trying to find the settings for my i537 (s4 active) to work on straight talk and changing to a combination with these settings worked. in the end i ended up with:
    name: straight talk
    apn: tfdata
    proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
    port: 80
    user name: not set
    password: not set
    server: not set
    mmsc: http://mms-tf.net
    mms proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
    mms port: 80
    mcc: 310
    mnc: 410
    authentication: none
    apn type: not set
    apn protocol: ipv4
    apn roaming protocol: ipv4
    apn enabled
    bearer: unspecified
    This worked for my samsung s4 active (att)

What if I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Clone.. the LA9500 . Everything works perfect except I cant send or receive picture messages.. I believe I have the at&t sim..is there anything different I need to do?
    Thanked by:

Thank You for your answer, do you know if this APN will work with HTC 4g Inspire? I unlocked my phone, bought a kit for Straight Talk, I'm using a Straight Talk sims card.
    I can not accuse the Internet. I've tried everything...I guess this is what I get, for trying to save money...after all you get what you pay for. Someone PLEASE HELP..

Thank you so much! I seriously spent 40 minutes tonight on the phone with ST customer service to get my mms working, and the other day spent 2+ hours to get my internet working. Tonight I got off the phone with ST, without internet or mms. The representative told me that not all phones are compatible, which I am not arguing.. but I had this phone with ST before! I stopped using it because I upgraded, but then my phone was stolen and had to reactivate this one. Thank you so much, I was about fed up with ST and I have been with them for several years and never had this problem.

Straight Talk
    APN: tfdata
    Port: 80
    MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
    MMS proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
    MMS port: 80
    I have AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket. I had my SIM card with straight talk for AT&T phone that worked with Internet and MMS just fine. And than I decided to get a new one with 4G LTE. I was looking for solution to make it work. I called to Straight Talk customer service to troubleshoot and had no positive result from them. I thought maybe the SIM card has a problem. I installed my wife's SIM card that she uses for iPhone5 and has no problems on her phone to receive MMS. But my phone would not get MMS. I almost decided to get a newer phone, but really didn't want to spend money and there are no phones I like better than mine for descent price.
    Than I had installed 'GoPro SMS' app, it also worked but there is to many settings.
    And that I tried the 'Hangouts' app. After settings APN you just set up your 'Hangouts' app to receive SMS (and Email if you want). That will let you download MMS ether using Hangouts' app or regular messages.
    Yay! It works on my phone now. I am glad, and hope it will help you to resolve your issue.
    Thanked by 2:

This worked for my ATT unlocked skyrocket with the above apn settings. Unable to get problem resolved with straight talk customer service so I found the solution here. Wish they would get their APN settings figured out with all phones and list those not able to download photos on the ST website. Hangouts was already an app on my unlocked ATT skyrocket!

These settings (posted by Cassandra Bradbury), worked with my wife's Galaxy S2. Much thanks! It was driving us crazy.

will this work with the att htc inspire on ST?? can send but not receive mms

Ok, I tried changing my settings using the information given here and my Samsung SII GT191 still does not allow me to view text photos. Someone please tell me how to do this. Thanks.

From play store download ChompSMS. Open it, go to settings in ChompSMS, go SMS & MMS Network Settings, check boxes SMS Delivery Reports, Activate Mobile Data and if you want Group Messageing. I don't use regular Messaging only ChopmSMS and when I delete anything from inbox it automatically erases from regular Messages. This is what I use on Galaxy S2. Works fine.

Thank you so freaking much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetride View Post
    Thank you. I was trying to find the settings for my i537 (s4 active) to work on straight talk and changing to a combination with these settings worked. in the end i ended up with:
    proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
    user name: not set
    mmsc: http://mms-tf.net
    mms proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
    mms port: 80
    mcc: 310
    mnc: 410
    authentication: none
    apn type: not set
    apn protocol: ipv4
    apn roaming protocol: ipv4
    apn enabled
    bearer: unspecified
    Can you send mms, i have the same phone with the exact setting but can send out picture mail? It just says loading but never sends

Shanti is here to save the day and ease all your suffering. God bless Scott Blakey!
    Okay folks, after trying for hours on two separate occasions, I want to inform anyone looking for the same information how I was able to convert a Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 Tmobile branded, unlocked phone to Straight Talk with data and SMS working perfectly. I tried every set up listed by others in this thread and absolutely none worked. Let me tell you what worked for me:
    I used a brand new, unlocked TMobile-branded Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 (Hercules?) ($250 on Ebay all day for a white one)
    I used a Straight Talk ATT SIM card
    I transferred the phone number from an old phone to the new phone through Straight Talk customer service on the phone. That worked perfectly.
    They gave me the information to set up my first APN, which did not work. This is what works:
    go to apn.straighttalkbyop.com. that should redirect you to HOW TO UPDATE DATA SETTINGS
    follow the directions! enter your phone number or sim card serial number (I tried both and both worked) and choose your phone type. I chose "Samsung Galaxy S (3G/4G)"
    FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS EXACTLY. LISTED BELOW WERE THE DIRECTIONS GIVEN TO ME. YOURS MIGHT BE DIFFERENT, IDK:
    1.Press "Menu."
    2.Select "Settings."
    3.Select "Wireless and networks."
    4.Confirm that "Flight Mode" is unchecked.
    5.Select "Mobile Networks."
    6.Confirm that "Use packet data" is checked.
    7.Select "Access Point Names."
    8.Press "Menu."
    9.Select "Reset to default."
    10.Select "Menu."
    11.Select "New APN."
    12.Please refer to the table on the left to select and enter values (Case Sensitive)
    13.Press "Menu."
    14.Select "Save."
    15.Reboot your phone.
    16.Your Internet and MMS are now configured!

when you "reset to default", any saved APN's will be deleted. I don't believe anyone previously had mentioned turning the packet data on....
    Good luck folks, just relaying what worked for me, and I got the information directly from StraightTalk!
    Namaste
    Thanked by 2:

I have tried everything to change my apn on my imitation galaxy note 2 N7100 and I still cant access my internet please help im going crazy here its an unlocked phone my provider is straight talk

Quote Originally Posted by Beontric Troy View Post
    I can receive mms but can't send them now
    I can send mine but cant recieve same problem

I just purchased the Samsung Galaxy S3 i747 from AT&T and SIM card from straight talk. Everything works except being able to download picture messages sent to me. I also tried Dutch's settings but that was not helpful. With those settings, it would not allow me to send a picture message. The settings which straight talk gave me does not work. Anyone have a suggestion?
    apn
    tfdata

port

mmsc
    http://mms-tf.net

mms proxy
    mms3.tracfone.com

mms

I actually thought this would work as the other info on this thread didn't. I'm gonna give it over night to maybe let servers or whatever reset or update or whatever. I send mms messages just fine but cant download then for anything *sigh* yours was the best info so far

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Since I last posted my settings for an At&t SGS2 skyrocket, I now have an iPhone 4S locked to AT&T on ST. It worked great for several months with the att.mvno settings. Then on around Dec.20 my data, mms and SMS just stopped working! I downloaded the (tfdata) profile from ST website, which is the same as Squareme1's settings for you Android users. Everything works except I can't Receive mms messages.
    So, I think this is a ST issue. Android & Iphone are both affected. I have the older, "light blue" sim. My wife has the same iPhone 4S as I do, but with the newer blue sim and she has had no problems. I have ordered the newer dark blue sim to see if that would help. Is anyone having problems with the newer "Dark Blue" sim? Actually both sims are white but the cards they came are, light blue for the older one and dark blue for the newest one. Hope this explanation is not too confusing.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Dutch29; 01-03-2014 at 03:03 PM.

Thank you so much for posting this i now have the 4g symbol can web surf and text on my newly freed Active.

@MJ_33 Thank you! This worked PERFECTLY for my Samsung Galaxy Express!

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Hello everyone. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Jelly Bean 4.1.2 software. My phone is not unlocked or jailbroken. I just switched from AT&T to straight talk about 36 hours ago. Since doing so, I am able to make and receive calls, access internet and even SEND people MMS, however I cannot receive MMS nor send/receive SMS. I have tried nearly every APN setting I could find via google. I've been working at this nearly around the clock. I almost feel as if this isn't even an APN problem. Under message settings my SMSC number is +13123149810 which according to google is the AT&T number. Should it be different now that I'm on straight talk or no?

My current APN settings are as follows
    proxy: not set
    username: not set
    MMSC: http : // mms-tf . net (without spaces)
    MMS Proxy: mms3 . tracfone . com (without spaces)
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication type: none
    APN type: default,mms,supl
    APN Protocol: IPv4
    Enable/disable APN: enabled
    Bearer: Unspecified
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast