Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
Like Tree41Likes

Default Re: Straight Talk APN Settings for Internet and MMS for At&T Samsung Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by Use-s3mini View Post
    I need the APN settings for a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini using AT&T on Straight Talk. New phone from Samsung. So far everything works except for MMS download to phone fails. Thanks

Default Re: Straight Talk APN Settings for Internet and MMS for At&T Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket

Google the settings and get them directly from straight talk site. I did this and had to clear some of the fields other sites had me put in. Had to restart phone after proper settings. Just did it with wife's phone samsung galaxy s3. And mine and send and receive mms perfect now. It onlu took me 25 days of being with straight talk to get it right.

Default Re: Straight Talk APN Settings for Internet and MMS for At&T Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket

This worked on my Galaxy Note II - AT&T unlocked with Straight Talk AT&T Sim card. Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lone1972 View Post
    APN settings for android users BYOP ssStraight Talk AT&T sim

Im using a unlocked clone GS4 and data, SMS, MMS are all working. I used the APN settings from ST website and everything worked except MMS send or receive. I've played with all sorts of settings for quite a while before finally finding that these work.

Name: straight talk

APN: tfdata

APN type: default, mms

Proxy: Not set

Port: 80

Username: Not set

Password: Not set

Server: Not set

MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com

MMS proxy: 66.209.11.33

MMS port: 80

MCC: 310

MNC: 410

Autentication type: None

APN protocol: IPv4

Apn roaming protocol: IPv4
    Thanked by:
    Kristy Zinn likes this.

Default Re: Straight Talk APN Settings for Internet and MMS for At&T Samsung Galaxy S3

Downloading the GO SMS PRO is the only thing that has worked for me!! THANK U THANK U THANK U!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by William Graham View Post
    This worked on my Galaxy Note II - AT&T unlocked with Straight Talk AT&T Sim card. Thanks!!!
    worked for me too! thanks!

im straight talk t mobile sim bought an unlocked htm s13...no internet or mms at all....plz help!!!!

ugh try everything... come here and it works within mins smdh at ST... Thanks!

Thank you so much I can now receive mms and use my internet (:

Thank you sooooo very much for this, was going crazy with no internet.. very helpful and worked immediately..

thanks for the info it seems to work for me . I have tried every setting to try and get MMS to work .But this done the trick thank you so much.

Thanks for the info this has work for me. Tried all different sitting not getting anywhere.

Having the same problem as most other people here. Internet is fine, sending picture messages is fine, cannot receive picture messages. I'm using a Galaxy S2. Ported my number over from AT&T Gophone. Tried many, many APN settings with no luck.

I tried GoSMSpro as some have suggested (while using the Straight Talk recommended APN settings) and that actually did work. I also noticed that while it was installed, the stock messaging app seemed to work as well - I was able to receive photo messages with both.

As a test, I uninstalled GoSMSpro to see if the stock app would continue to work - and no. The problem returned.

Can anyone explain to me why this is the case? It would seem to me that this must mean that GoSMS changes or works around some setting on the phone. (It does not change any of the APN settings - I looked at that).

I know the obvious solution here is to just keep using GoSMS. And yes, I'll do that. But, I kind of hate it. It's just a big, clunky app that pops up ads, and I have no need for all the icons and such. It's better than the non-working stock app, of course - but I would still much prefer the stock app if I could get it work.

Thank you so much.... I have been changing APN settings for past 2 days and even spoke with ST Rep who gave me totally different settings that did not work. I was starting to lose my cool...Appreciate it. Live long and prosper lone1972!!!!

After trying many different APN settings listed on the straight talk website itself, and various forums and discussions online, I have reached a solution. These settings once entered into my Lumia 520 worked instantly. As soon as I saved the settings I went to my SMS function and clicked 'get media content' on a picture a friend sent and it worked perfectly and has since.
    APN: tfdata
    User name: (blank)
    Password: (blank)
    WAP gateway (URL): mms3.tracfone.com
    WAP gateway port: 80
    MMSC (URL): http://mms-tf.net/
    MMSC port: 80
    Maximum MMS size: (blank)

These settings were given to me via a chat advisor named 'Bree' on straighttalk's online support. I have had nothing but good luck with their support, they even called me when they discovered my port was taking so long because I had incorrectly assumed my telephone number was my AT&T account number when it actually wasn't. They set us up on a conference call with someone from AT&T and got my account released right then and there with the info I was asked for. Overall I am REALLY happy! Hope these settings help someone in need.

I have a clone n7100. I can't get the internet to work. im on straight talk with the tmobile sim. I had it working earlier but not on 3g. help please

So I updated my galaxy note 2 to android 4.3, and then nothing worked. I played around with different settings, but ultimately I found the straight talk recommended settings now worked... at least for a few weeks. Now my data is slow, even with 4G lte signal. Not sure what is going on.

once i deleted all APNs, then added the recommended one from straighttalk
    my 2014 note 10.1 SM-P605 worked with straight talk att and straight talk sim. now have H+ data, text, text images, and voice on one tablet device
    $45 month unlimited calling, unlimited text, and almost unlimited data
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678