Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Straight Talk APN Settings for Internet and MMS for At&T Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket

Like many new ST customers, I had issues with my service, as well. I am using an At&t Samsung Galaxy II Skyrocket, on Straight Talk, running Jellybean 4.2. I recently activated my Skyrocket on ST and had issues accessing the internet and sending/receiving mms with the APN setting that ST has on its website. After putting these APN settings in, below, my calls, internet, & mms are now all working great. I have all 4 bars inside of my house, I am able to send and receive pic txt & calls, & access the internet. After saving these APN settings, powering down my phone, and then restarting my phone, it took a good hour or so before everything started working properly.

My APN settings are:

Name: straight talk
    APN: att.mvno
    Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
    Port: 80
    Server: not set
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS proxy: mms2.tracfone.com
    MMS port: 80
    MCC:310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication type: none
    APN type: not set

I hope this helps.....
    Thanked by 18:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: Straight Talk APN Settings for Internet and MMS for At&T Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket

I really hope this works! I am going nuts trying to get the data working properly in this phone! Are you using the Tmobile sim or the ATT sim from straight talk?

Default Re: Straight Talk APN Settings for Internet and MMS for At&T Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket

Your mms proxy should be 66.209.11.33 am using the skyrocket on straight talk as well

sent from my skyrocket
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I'm using the AT&T sim from straight talk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

mms proxy 66.209.11.33 settings did not work with my skyrocket. Staight Talk gave me this mms proxy.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmt3610 View Post
    Your mms proxy should be 66.209.11.33 am using the skyrocket on straight talk as well

sent from my skyrocket
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I"m using the AT&T sim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Wallenzine Wetmore View Post
    I really hope this works! I am going nuts trying to get the data working properly in this phone! Are you using the Tmobile sim or the ATT sim from straight talk?

If your not using the straight talk att sim that proxy will not work u will have to get a straight talk sim to use straight talks service

sent from my skyrocket

Did you say you have jelly bean 4.2? If so how did you get it? I just got the upgrade to 4.1.
    Thanks

Trying it out... using MJ_33's original settings. Nothing else has worked so far. Internet still works. Will check again in an hour and see if my MMS pictures to my kids went through.
    Thanked by:

I should clarify... I was looking for ANY working settings that would make sending pics via MMS work for a Samsung Galaxy Note 2, International model 7100, on Straight Talk's AT&T network. I finally found them! Here are the settings that worked for me for sending MMS pictures, when all others failed:

Name: Straight Talk
    Proxy: Not set
    Port: Not set
    User name: Not set
    Password: Not set
    Server: Not set
    MMS Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC: 310
    Authentication type: Not set
    APN type: default,supl,mms <== NO SPACES between values
    APN Protocol: IPv4
    Enable/Disable APN: (checked/APN enabled)
    Bearer: Unspecified

Notes:
    These are for the International version, model 7100, unlocked. It seems to matter a lot which device you have as to which settings work.
    Anything that involved changing MNC from the default of 410 caused weird behavior where the APN would not be saved.

Now I'm finally able to text pics to my young adult children who live in different cities!
    Thanked by 2:

Everything "web MMS" works on My S2 works only when i change the Authentication Type: to "PAP"

Internet:
    Name: Straight Talk Internet
    User Name: Not Set
    Password: Not Set
    Server: Not Set
    MMSC: Not Set
    MMS Proxy: Not Set
    MMS Port: Not Set
    Authentication Type: PAP
    APN Type: Internet
    APN Protocol: IPv4
    Bearer: Unspecified
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: Straight Talk APN Settings for Internet and MMS for At&amp;T Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket

Change your Authentication Type: to "PAP"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Wallenzine Wetmore View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Authentication Type: to "PAP"
    Thanked by:

@ Michael Fitzgerald2

@MJ_33 is using a custom ROM, means he rooted his skyrocket.

Thanks in Advance

Post Re: Straight Talk APN Settings for Internet and MMS for At&T Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket

if doesn`t work how abo
    ut for htc one x it
    can acces?

So this is only for the skyrocket??

Do you have any thoughts on what to do with a Samsung Infuse i997...I am having the same problems you had and are trying everything, including the information and it won't save but everyone seems to have different information for different models except the infuse.
    Last edited by Currently Occupied; 05-13-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Not sure if you have it working yet but I upgraded and just got mine working again. Had to go to my straight talk online account to get it but these are the only things you need to have on the APN.

NAME: straight talk
    PORT: 80
    MMS PROXY: 66.209.11.33
    MMS PORT: 80
    Thanked by 3:

I have a Net10 Samsung S2 Skyrocket running Jellybean 4.1.2 and these are various settings to try on Straight Talk/Net10 phones. The 3rd Method is the one that worked for me all Internet and sending and receiving MMS is working:

NET10 BYOP APN Settings
    I have two phones currently sharing one NET10 AT&T BYOP SIM card and wanted to share the APN settings, as they vary from one device to the next, even using the same SIM card.

Setup 1: (Samsung Captivate Glide)

Name: NET10
    APN: wap.tracfone
    Proxy: Not set
    Port: Not set
    User Name: Not set
    Password: Not set
    Server: Not set
    MMS proxy: 66.209.11.32
    MMS Port: 80
    Authentication type: Not Set
    APN type: Internet+mms+supl

Setup 2: (Motorola Atrix 2) - Initial settings & instructions as provided by NET10 CSR at NET10 Forums:

From the home screen, press Menu
    Select "Settings"
    Select "Wireless and networks"
    (make sure that "Flight Mode" is unchecked)
    Select "Mobile Networks"
    (make sure that "Use packet data" is checked)
    Select "Access Point Names"
    Press Menu
    Select "New APN"
    The following fields appear:
    Name: Straight Talk (or NET10)
    User name: leave this field blank
    Password: leave this field blank
    Server: leave this field blank
    Authentication type: None
    APN type: Not Set
    Press Menu
    Select Save
    Power the phone off and back on.

Setup 3:

Name: NET10-Tracfone-Proxy

Setup 4:

Name: NET10-ATT-No Proxy
    Proxy: Not Set
    Port: Not Set
    MMS proxy: mms3.tracfone.com

Setup 5:

Name: NET10-Tracfone-No Proxy
    Proxy:
    Port:
    MMS proxy: mms3.tracfone.com

Notes: Based on setting up these two phones recently, I believe it's most likely that the initial phone provisioning is best done using one of the proxy setups, and that having a strong signal helps. Once the phone is activated and fully functioning, it's usually possible to switch away from the proxy servers that seem to give a lot of people trouble, based on what I see in the NET10 forums.

It is not required to unlock an AT&T based phone to use a NET10 (or Straight Talk) AT&T network SIM, although unlocking the phone will allow its use on other GSM networks, as long as the network supports 1900mhz for 3G/4G data.

Quoted from "TVCCS" on androidforums.com

Quote Originally Posted by lisaulmerbair View Post
    Not sure if you have it working yet but I upgraded and just got mine working again. Had to go to my straight talk online account to get it but these are the only things you need to have on the APN.

NAME: straight talk
    PORT: 80
    MMS PROXY: 66.209.11.33
    MMS PORT: 80
    I have straight talk unlimited with an att s2 skyrocket and for some reason mms and data stopped working. I had fiddled with security settings....so probably my fault? Tried resetting to the way I originally had it. Didn't work.

The above settings worked immediately. Hopefully it stays working. Thank you lisaulmerbair
    Thanked by:
    Mayling Cha likes this.

I have an HTC Inspire and I just put it on my Straight Talk account with the Sim card/bring your own phone stuff. I don't get any signal in my apartment and I can't download anything from the market place. Any suggestions guys ?

I have the Tmobile sim for straight talk and using the att skyrocket phone.. and my internet isnt working at all. Do u have an apn that will get it working?

These settings worked great.

HTC Desire HD on Straight Talk with an ST AT&T SIM.

Quote Originally Posted by solallein View Post
    I have straight talk unlimited with an att s2 skyrocket and for some reason mms and data stopped working. I had fiddled with security settings....so probably my fault? Tried resetting to the way I originally had it. Didn't work.

The above settings worked immediately. Hopefully it stays working. Thank you lisaulmerbair

This makes my APN disappear from my phone. So it doesn't work. . .
    fyrfour likes this.

Isn't the Sim card the same from Straight Talk? ? ?
    Thanked by:

new APN settings for ST ATT sim on your renewal date you lose data. Enter this apn to get data back.
    Support | Straight Talk
    new settings

Field Settings

Name
    straight talk

APN
    tfdata

Port

MMSC
    http://mms-tf.net

MMS Proxy
    mms3.tracfone.com