playing video from phone to tv

Jeffrey Shira

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
So I bought the mhl adater to play videos from phone to the tv and it doesnt work. Is there a setting in the phone to make the video out work. I really want to watch netflix from my phone on the tv. Any help please.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Jeffrey, if you had gotten a MHL adapter that is for a Galaxy S3, and you have a S2 Skyrocket (presumably) or any other Android phone other than S3, the adapter probably will not work. For the S3, it uses an 11-pin micro USB connector. Most Android phones use a 5-pin.

Edit: Incidentally, I bought a MHL adapter while I was overseas, and didn't realize that S3's have a different pin (they can be charged with either pin type, oddly enough). Anyone want to buy mine? :p

Anyways, I'm looking into getting one myself since the one I got was useless, and came across this: Amazon.com: Menotek Micro USB to HDMI MHL Adapter IMPROVED WITH RCP (Remote Control Protocol) for Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC Evo 3D, HTC Evo 4G Tablet, HTC Sensation 4G, Sprint Epic 4G Touch, Galaxy Nexus: Cell Phones & Accessories

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Do you have power going to the mhl adapter? Also if you have a ps3, Xbox or a wireless DVD player you can download imediashare app and stream it as a media server and use no wires.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08