Screen problem with Skyrocket

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, my first post here.

I am in need of some help with my SII Skyrocket.

I recently replaced the battery as it went from 92% charge to 7% in about 15 seconds, and could not hold any charge. Right from this moment, even before replacing the battery but after the battery had the problem, I am having an issue with the screen.

Check this video on Youtube so that you can understand it:

Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket Screen Problem - YouTube

The phone is constantly making that sound, as if it is being connected to a charger/usb cable. When this is happening, the screen turns unresponsive to long-presses, and has issues to recognize regular touch features. I have noticed that this does not happen so often when it has almost full charge (maybe 90% or more), but still happens. When the phone is plugged to the charger, the issue ussualy dissappears after a few minutes. I have restored the phone's software, but the problem persists.

If anyone had this problem or has any idea what could be causing it, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

DioramaMaker

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I have no experience with the Skyrocket but have you tried cold booting it? I dunno if restoring the software has the same effects. I know my Transformer Infinity 700 tablet was having some glitchy behavior and that helped. Cold booting irons out bugs somehow, I couldn't tell you much more, let alone how to do it on the Skyrocket. With the tablet it was hold down power and up on the volume when the tablet was off I believe.

deadlock4400

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
did yoru upgrade ICS to Jelly Bean in your Skyrocket?? if not try that.

You should go through factory reset (including USB storage) also.

Above ways are a solution for software matter.

Thanks in Advance

May 7, 2013
Visit site
did yoru upgrade ICS to Jelly Bean in your Skyrocket?? if not try that.

You should go through factory reset (including USB storage) also.

Above ways are a solution for software matter.

Thanks in Advance

I haven't updated to Jelly Bean because I am one of the few that cannot get Windows 7 to recognize my phone.

A factory reset was made after replacing the battery, but it keeps having the problem.

Thanks for everything!

Anyone else with an idea?

deadlock4400

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
you should properly install your Window 7 after formatting your C drive (windows drive) on your pc. Then try to update the windows through windows update. then use the kies latest version. hope your pc will recognize the phone. Thanks in Advance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC