Samsung Galaxy S2:SR + Kies = ...derp?

Ryan6700

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone. Just the other day my friend gave me his old S2 Skyrocket since he decided to get the new S4. This is my first Android ever * AND I LOVE IT* I switched from an iPhone and the amount of improvement is just AMAZING! :D

BUT, one of the only things I seem to be having trouble with is Kies. Basically all I want to do with it is transfer music but I can't even connect. All the drivers install and everything but it just says "Connecting..." and never goes any farther. I've tried the troubleshooter but it didn't help at all. The only reason I need Kies is music so if anyone has a solution or maybe a better alternative please tell lol. I would just copy/paste to my Music folder but I have so much music it would take forever to look through it all and decide what goes and what stays. Help please? :)

EDIT: OH! and I forgot to mention it's running Jelly Bean 4.1.2 deodexed so could that have anything to do with the problem?

sergeantandroid

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, this is what I was talking about: Access Your iTunes music library from your Android... - Mobile Product Support Forums

Hey everyone. Just the other day my friend gave me his old S2 Skyrocket since he decided to get the new S4. This is my first Android ever * AND I LOVE IT* I switched from an iPhone and the amount of improvement is just AMAZING! :D

BUT, one of the only things I seem to be having trouble with is Kies. Basically all I want to do with it is transfer music but I can't even connect. All the drivers install and everything but it just says "Connecting..." and never goes any farther. I've tried the troubleshooter but it didn't help at all. The only reason I need Kies is music so if anyone has a solution or maybe a better alternative please tell lol. I would just copy/paste to my Music folder but I have so much music it would take forever to look through it all and decide what goes and what stays. Help please? :)

EDIT: OH! and I forgot to mention it's running Jelly Bean 4.1.2 deodexed so could that have anything to do with the problem?

Ryan6700

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Well that seems like a pretty nice idea. As long as I have some sort of connection. Is there a way to just download all music from Play? I'd prefer not to use too much data.

Ryan6700

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I decided to go with a program called doubleTwist and it seems to work just fine. I was used to syncing an iPod and iPhone before I got this S2:SR and doubleTwist tries it's best to give that same feeling to Android users so I'm pretty happy with it :) Thanks for the responses!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital