Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Recover Deleted Text Messages?

please help me I have htc wildfire.. and today I delite all threads accidently
    In one.. the most important thread.. messages were locked.. don't know how could I delite them
    I tried all data recovery programs.. nothing helps..they scan moblie.. and that's it.. always something interrupt program..
    I don't have history near contact.. or something like that.. don't have fabric revovery..
    DO ANYBODY KNOWS GOOD APP FOR THIS..OR GOOD DATA RECOVERY PROGRAM?
    thank you!
    p.s. english is not my first language..sorry if I have mistakes in writings.

The best way to recover this application will be for you to either do two things on your device. 1. You could in fact go to your google play store and download a third party camera application on your device. The third party app may not e as good as the application that came standard on your device but will in fact work for you in order to take pictures. 2. You perform a hard reset on your device in order for you to gain all of your applications back on your phone including the camera application.

Question Re: Recover Deleted Text Messages?

it definitely isn't that easy. If you go to contacts and view history of any it only shows the call history, not texts. Especially if the threads have been deleted. I, among many others, want to retrieve old texts that are gone either because the storage text message limit has been exceeded, or they have been physically erased by me or other(s) who have went into those settings of my phone. I've called 611 and twice I've been told it cannot be done without a subpoena/ court order. I find it odd that things can be gone like they never happened so easily. Facebook lets you download a copy of everything, why can't phones?

Hi - I just found this thread. How can I get the text history off of my phone and into, say, a Word or .txt document? I want to save a conversation that was very important.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Do a search in Google, you will find out many options available, however, most are paid solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by codeword2 View Post
    Go to the contact in your contact book press the menu button and then hit history and all your deleted messages and threads should be there..
    Does their number still have to be active? For people I have texted recently it comes up with text and call history but for this particular person (haven't spoken since end ofJanuary 2014) and some other people, it only comes up with incoming and outgoing calls?

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

I am not getting how these message got recovered, can someone explain with more details?

Did this work...

Quote Originally Posted by codeword2 View Post
    Go to the contact in your contact book press the menu button and then hit history and all your deleted messages and threads should be there..
    My phone does not come up with the history option , does anyone know why please ?

I have an old Samsung Galaxy discovery phone that has never been backed up but I desperately need to get the deleted texts off of is there a way ? I read one comment that you can go to contacts and pull them that way , If some one could give me step by step I would truly appreciate it . Thank you

would the data recovery from wonder share work ? Sorry really not up on technology stuff like this but any help would be appreciated ...

Thank you

hey did you ever get an answer for this problem . have an old galaxy discovery and really need to see the deleted text . any help would be appreciated !!

Tried this one note 4. When I go to the contact name and tap the message envelope symbol I just get a blank text to begin a text. No history.

do you know how she was able to get the deleted text messages?

does this work for newer android phones

4/11/15

I can confirm that going to contacts and clicking on the message button next to name does restore all texts to that person. Or as in my case with a Galaxy Note 4 it is restoring all deleted text messages since I bought the phone...lol

Currently at 1459 new text messages and it is crashing my phone but it is working. Just give it a few minutes to kick in and reload the history. Also I just kept scrolling down on the history screen refreshing the history.

THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!

Cool Re: Recover Deleted Text Messages?

Hi I have found a way to do it!!!!!
    ---> IF YOU CANT FIND THE CONTACT IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK THEN LOOK IN THE CALL HISTORY AND ADD THEM AS A CONTACT THEN...
    --> Go to address book to find the person you added then once found click their contact profile click the menu button on your mobile and click history it will come up with a summary of your texts

I am a Samsung A3 user (ex S3 User). I selected a contact but cannot work out how to see the "History" option. I can see it on my old Samsung S3...... what am I missing? Help!

Can anyone say why the program wondershare dr.fone has recovered texts from a year ago but not the ones as recent as last month??
    Thanks

Global Posts
    20,120 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

If you deleted the contact recently, and it's a Google contact, you can go to Google Contacts and restore deleted contacts (up to 30 days ago).

It is not difficult to recover deleted text messages from Android cell, if you are sure that you've saved these data on the inner memory card. Pick out this card and connect it to a computer or laptop. (Never try to save anything else on this memory card in case of data loss.) Download Android Data Recovery software to get back your deleted data. There are numerous card recovery tools online. Preview the recovered data to see whether it is restored rightly. Save the restored data on a different drive or places in case of data recovery failure. In the future, you should learn to back up your data well.

Can you do the same on s6?

On Galaxy s 5 you can go to Contacts the log history and it would Show deleted and all other logs, can you Do the same on s6?

How can you do it on s6?

I think you can try some third party software that claimed they can recover deleted text messages from Android. I am new to Android. I also wanted to know that, so I searched a lot. I found this best Android data recovery software review website. You can read it and have a try.

If you do factory reset or your deleted messages are overwritten, then you can't.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast