Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Recover Deleted Text Messages?

This worked to be able to see them thanks

please help me I have htc wildfire.. and today I delite all threads accidently
    In one.. the most important thread.. messages were locked.. don't know how could I delite them
    I tried all data recovery programs.. nothing helps..they scan moblie.. and that's it.. always something interrupt program..
    I don't have history near contact.. or something like that.. don't have fabric revovery..
    DO ANYBODY KNOWS GOOD APP FOR THIS..OR GOOD DATA RECOVERY PROGRAM?
    thank you!
    p.s. english is not my first language..sorry if I have mistakes in writings.

The best way to recover this application will be for you to either do two things on your device. 1. You could in fact go to your google play store and download a third party camera application on your device. The third party app may not e as good as the application that came standard on your device but will in fact work for you in order to take pictures. 2. You perform a hard reset on your device in order for you to gain all of your applications back on your phone including the camera application.

Quote Originally Posted by usmike08 View Post
    is there any other way to view all of the messages from all of ur contacts at once?

Quote Originally Posted by Erma Fayne View Post
    How to recover my deleted text messages.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy2013 View Post
    Is there a way to way these text messages online or from another device?

Question Re: Recover Deleted Text Messages?

it definitely isn't that easy. If you go to contacts and view history of any it only shows the call history, not texts. Especially if the threads have been deleted. I, among many others, want to retrieve old texts that are gone either because the storage text message limit has been exceeded, or they have been physically erased by me or other(s) who have went into those settings of my phone. I've called 611 and twice I've been told it cannot be done without a subpoena/ court order. I find it odd that things can be gone like they never happened so easily. Facebook lets you download a copy of everything, why can't phones?

Hi - I just found this thread. How can I get the text history off of my phone and into, say, a Word or .txt document? I want to save a conversation that was very important.

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff92 View Post
    Hey guys,

New here. Didn't find a thread like this for this phone unless I'm missing something, so figured I would post about this.

My text message settings had a cap on the number of texts per conversation, after which the oldest messages would be deleted. I want those messages back(I have since disabled the cap).

I've DLed a PC file recovery program(File Recovery 4), but can't find the folder where these text messages are when I scan my phone as a USB drive. Any ideas as to where I may be able to get them back from/how?

Also, my phone is not "rooted"; I haven't done the research so I don't know how to safely do it. If it is necessary, any help in that department will also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

Do a search in Google, you will find out many options available, however, most are paid solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by codeword2 View Post
    Go to the contact in your contact book press the menu button and then hit history and all your deleted messages and threads should be there..
    Does their number still have to be active? For people I have texted recently it comes up with text and call history but for this particular person (haven't spoken since end ofJanuary 2014) and some other people, it only comes up with incoming and outgoing calls?

Quote Originally Posted by Erin Kennedy View Post
    Does their number still have to be active? For people I have texted recently it comes up with text and call history but for this particular person (haven't spoken since end ofJanuary 2014) and some other people, it only comes up with incoming and outgoing calls?
    DON'T use the phone till you get them recovered. Some computer stores do this, as do some phone stores. Your local provider should be able to undelete them for you, to recover Android messages, and there may well be a section in the detailed technical manual on the manufacturer's website,

ANY use of the phone runs the risk of overwriting the deleted files, but most expecially ANY storage activity. They are not actually erased at this point - just removed from the directory so the phone does ot know they exist, and can be recovered if not over-written by later activity.

Calling the manufacturer help number may work too, if you can interpret their language.

There are also a number of sites with how-to's on the web - google this search phrase -
    recover deleted files on Samsumg Galaxy s4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12