Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Find and remove Google verify and install

Can anyone tell me where to find the Google Verify and Install app in the App Manager? I have it set to be the default installer and now my Amazon app updates aren't working at all. I've looked under Settings>>App Manager>>All
    and don't see it listed. I wen to Samsung's Help Center and they recommended I contact Google. Thought I'd go here first. I have a Samsung Galaxy II Skyrocket AT&T (white). Thanks!

KJ

Default Re: Find and remove Google verify and install

Quote Originally Posted by Kj Wilson View Post
    Can anyone tell me where to find the Google Verify and Install app in the App Manager? I have it set to be the default installer and now my Amazon app updates aren't working at all. I've looked under Settings>>App Manager>>All
    and don't see it listed. I wen to Samsung's Help Center and they recommended I contact Google. Thought I'd go here first. I have a Samsung Galaxy II Skyrocket AT&T (white). Thanks!

KJ
    Responding in case you haven't found an answer yet.

Try opening the "Google Settings" app (it's a green icon with a "g" and a stylized gear). There should be a checkbox for "Verify Apps" if you have "Unknown sources" checked in the "Settings" -> "Security" panel. See if unchecking "Verify apps" helps.

I'm wondering if this helps protect against the vulnerability published by Bluebox when trying to install apps from sources other than the Play store.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I actually figured this out yesterday - I had to delete Google Play Store and reinstall it. Guess it makes sense that a verify and install app is connected to the Play Store. Thanks for the input, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Kj Wilson View Post
    I actually figured this out yesterday - I had to delete Google Play Store and reinstall it. Guess it makes sense that a verify and install app is connected to the Play Store. Thanks for the input, though!
    You don't have to delete the Google Play app. Instead just go to Settings -> Apps -> Google Play Store -> Clear Defaults

I also had problems locating verify and install as I had accidentally set verify install as default
    Try uninstalling google play services and reinstalling it