- 3 Posts
Find and remove Google verify and install
Can anyone tell me where to find the Google Verify and Install app in the App Manager? I have it set to be the default installer and now my Amazon app updates aren't working at all. I've looked under Settings>>App Manager>>All
and don't see it listed. I wen to Samsung's Help Center and they recommended I contact Google. Thought I'd go here first. I have a Samsung Galaxy II Skyrocket AT&T (white). Thanks!
- 07-08-2013, 05:41 PM #2
- 208 Posts
Re: Find and remove Google verify and install
Try opening the "Google Settings" app (it's a green icon with a "g" and a stylized gear). There should be a checkbox for "Verify Apps" if you have "Unknown sources" checked in the "Settings" -> "Security" panel. See if unchecking "Verify apps" helps.
I'm wondering if this helps protect against the vulnerability published by Bluebox when trying to install apps from sources other than the Play store.
- 11-13-2013, 03:02 PM #4
- 12-19-2013, 12:26 PM #5
- By Mohsin Mohsin in forum HTC EVO 4G LTEReplies: 5Last Post: 12-03-2012, 09:21 PM
- By tymangin in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 07-29-2011, 11:42 PM
- By UserError in forum Android AppsReplies: 23Last Post: 04-06-2010, 11:43 PM
- By kumala in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 1Last Post: 04-01-2010, 03:55 PM
- By Jim1348 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-10-2009, 10:16 PM