Can't Update AT&T Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket S2 to Jelly Bean

gigglingidiot

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
For the past few months I have been trying to upgrade my phone to the most recent hardware (Jelly bean) but every time I do it freezes and says, "Unfortunately, wssyncmlnps has stopped." I don't know how fantastic Jelly bean is or if it is worth the upgrade but I do want to try it. Help, anyone? After everything is plugged in through the Samsung Kies the Samsung Kies screen disappears as if it was never there in the first place and then says "Unfortunately, wssyncmlnps has stopped." on the cellphone.

Last edited:

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
For the past few months I have been trying to upgrade my phone to the most recent hardware (Jelly bean) but every time I do it freezes and says, "Unfortunately, wssyncmlnps has stopped." I don't know how fantastic Jelly bean is or if it is worth the upgrade but I do want to try it. Help, anyone? After everything is plugged in through the Samsung Kies the Samsung Kies screen disappears as if it was never there in the first place and then says "Unfortunately, wssyncmlnps has stopped." on the cellphone.
Uninstall Kies and reinstall latest version from Samsung's website, then when you launch it, right click the icon and select "Run as Administrator" and try again.

You can always use ODIN 1.85 and install the ROM manually, note that this will wipe your phone and reset it to factory defaults.

You should have a copy of the ICS ROM and ODIN available no matter if you do it manually or with Kies, some users have experienced issues where the phone won't charge after upgrading, so you could need to revert back to ICS. This is rare, maybe 1 in 50 times, search for Battery Disconnected issue with the Skyrocket, you will see it does happen periodically but it is not common but you should be prepared.