Phone keeps turning off and on..

Bill Bulloch

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
For a couple of weeks now, randomly and 4-5 times a day, my phone will start to shut itself off. Screen goes dark, phone begins to vibrate over and over every few seconds. I can hold down the power button for about 10 seconds or so and sometimes the phone will reboot. Sometimes this doesn't work and I have to keep doing that process every minute or so. Eventually it will reboot and be fine for a little while, never more than 3 or 4 hours though.

No idea what could be causing this, I've run Lookout scan with no problems. Any suggestions?

Android 4.1.2
Baseband I727UCMC1
Build Number JZ054K.I727UCMC1

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Try taking the battery out. Put on a flat table and flick a corner. If the battery spins easily, it's swollen and should be replaced.

Otherwise, it could be either hardware or software related. After checking the battery, try uninstalling apps from most recent to less recent and see if the phone is better. If so, reinstall apps slowly, one or two per day, to see which one may be causing the lockups and freezes.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

darthspyder

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I have been having the exact same problem. I just bought a new battery on mrsmumbles advice. Let's hope that is the solution. Did you have any luck with fixing this problem, Bill Bullock?

darthspyder#AC

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear that. I am still waiting on my battery to arrive. It has progressed now to the point that my phone can't get past the AT&T splash screen when I turn it on.