Problem with Galaxy s2 i727 - yellow symbol of battery with a line through it

troysmash

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
It appears that someone spilled a drink where my phone was sitting a few nights ago. I removed the battery and left it out to dry for the day. When It dried off, it turned on fine. When it was time to charge the battery again I started getting a yellow triangle picture of a battery with a line through it. I'm wondering if the battery is fried or something else in the phone has gone bad?

A) If it is the battery, are there any batteries that are compatible besides the original? I can't seem to locate the right size where I live in Stockholm (1850 mAh 3.7 li-ion 6.85wh).
B) If it isn't the battery, what is it most likely?

I guess I'm just wondering whether I should just go purchase a new phone (like to avoid) or what I should do from here?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It appears that someone spilled a drink where my phone was sitting a few nights ago. I removed the battery and left it out to dry for the day. When It dried off, it turned on fine. When it was time to charge the battery again I started getting a yellow triangle picture of a battery with a line through it. I'm wondering if the battery is fried or something else in the phone has gone bad?

A) If it is the battery, are there any batteries that are compatible besides the original? I can't seem to locate the right size where I live in Stockholm (1850 mAh 3.7 li-ion 6.85wh).
B) If it isn't the battery, what is it most likely?

I guess I'm just wondering whether I should just go purchase a new phone (like to avoid) or what I should do from here?
Welcome to the forums.

It definitely sounds like a battery issue. Have you searched for a compatible battery replacement online? If you an find an Anker replacement, go with that. It's a good brand replacement and the price is usually good.

troysmash

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I have looked a bit. I was hoping to find one in the local store to try to replace it with. I can't seem to locate this model of battery anywhere though; so having a second opinion that thinks it is a battery, what batteries will fit this phone? I don't understand the size dimension, do I need to find a battery that says 6.85wh for instance? If I have to pay a little bit more that is fine. It is my only form of communication with friends and family while I am in Sweden, so I really want to have a instance satisfaction. :D