Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Skyrocket Battery life

I'm seriously considering returning this phone. The battery life SUCKS I close as many apps as I can, turn off brightness and wifi and all that stuff and the battery still drains about 1% every few minutes. think so much as turning it on take 1%.

Is there some sort of work around for this? Do I just need a new battery?

Default Re: Skyrocket Battery life

Is the phone brand new? Can you show us your battery screens after the phone has been drained down to around 20%? It's useful for us to see the main Battery screen in Setting>Battery, as well as the full screen battery graph (which shows Awake time and signal quality), the Screen category (which shows total screen-on time), and the Cell Standby category (which shows Time Without Signal).

In the meantime, review this guide: [Guide] Battery Saving Tips
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Is the phone brand new? Can you show us your battery screens after the phone has been drained down to around 20%? It's useful for us to see the main Battery screen in Setting>Battery, as well as the full screen battery graph (which shows Awake time and signal quality), the Screen category (which shows total screen-on time), and the Cell Standby category (which shows Time Without Signal).

In the meantime, review this guide: [Guide] Battery Saving Tips

I bought it used off amazon.

Skyrocket Battery life-screenshot_2014-07-16-11-53-00.png
    Skyrocket Battery life-screenshot_2014-07-16-11-53-07.png
    Skyrocket Battery life-screenshot_2014-07-16-11-53-22.png

The attached thumbnail part was an acicdent
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Skyrocket Battery life-screenshot_2014-07-16-11-52-22.png  

Those screenshots show you're at 82% battery. I had suggested you wait until it's down to 20% or so, to get a better idea of what's using your battery over charge cycle.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Those screenshots show you're at 82% battery. I had suggested you wait until it's down to 20% or so, to get a better idea of what's using your battery over charge cycle.

Just wondering, but why is that?

It just gives us better data over a longer period of time. Seeing your battery usage stats after the battery has only been used down to 82% isn't a good representation of what is using the most battery of a long period of time. For example, if you happened to be playing a game for that period of time, it'll seem like the game is completely responsible for all of your battery problems--but that's probably not the case, since you're not playing the game every second the phone is on.