Exporting "AT&T tone" on my Samsung S2 Skyrocket and importing onto my S7 edge

kwdobson79

May 9, 2017
Visit site
Just upgraded to a Samsung S7 edge from a Samsung S2 Skyrocket; and, am wanting to find and export the “AT&T tone” ringtone that I used on my old phone, supposedly located in “Android System”; and, import it for use on my new phone, is that possible? And, if so, how do I do it? Because I cannot find the mp3 file on my old phone. Please advise. Thanks!

When I go into "Settings", then "Sound", then, "Incoming Calls", then, "Phone ringtone", it asks me "Complete action using" and gives me the choice of "Android System" or "Zedge". I select "Android System", it brings up a "Phone ringtone" screen, in which "AT&T tone" is selected. I'd like to find where that ringtone exists on my S2 skyrocket; and, either copy it on to the SD card on that phone; or, better yet, copy it onto my PC, so that I can turn around and copy it over to my S7 edge. But, I cannot find where these "Android System" ringtones are stored. I tried going into "Applications", then, "My files", then, "Android", which brings up 1-folder, entitled, "data"; and, 1-file, "netstate.txt". If I click on "data", it brings up a list of folders, beginning either with "com.android...", "com.att.mobile.android..."; and, likewise, "com.google.android..."; etc. But, no joy (i.e., no luck). I work in an industrial area; and, when any of the music clip. mp3's play, I don't realize that my new phone is ringing until too late. I really need my old ring tone whenever I receive incoming phone calls. HELP!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Moved from the Galaxy S forum to the S II Skyrocket forum.

Preinstalled ringtones are saved to a protected system directory that you can't access unless the phone is rooted. You might try search Zedge.com to see if anyone else uploaded that tone (or a similar one), which you can then download and use as a custom tone on the S7.