| || |
Ok, now i'm confused...
Well, its official my head hurts. I used to be a iphone user until i got fed up with apple. I had decided long ago to switch over to android, but i was just waiting for the right phone to come in. Eventually i ended up buying a Samsung galaxy S II and i am very very happy. Ok thats it for the background check.
Ive been reading up on the forums but somewhere down the road i got confused. I just needed to know a few things.
1. I've read somewhere that the Samsung Galaxy S II is already rooted. But when i checked up on it using the tutorial here in the forum to check if my phone is rooted or not it seems its not. I checked it using the terminal and i had a $ instead of a # as the prompt. and when i type "su" i just get the msg :not found. So is the Galaxy S2 rooted on release or do i need to do something else so that it gets rooted.
2. Also, while checking the forums, there are 4 sub categories. The Galaxy S2 for Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, and the Galaxy S II. Are there any differences with these phone models? I'm from Asia, Philippines, and i bought the phone directly from Samsung, and it is not locked to any telecom here. Will that make any difference in the way i root the phone?
3. Considering the first question. If my phone needs to be rooted. i found this link Method to Root Samsung Galaxy S2 but i haven't tried it yet. Do i need to root my phone, and is this the right procedure to do it?
4. If after i discover that my phone is already rooted, of i have finished rooted it, can anyone suggest any custom UI that i can add to it? The UI of samsung is ok, but i would like to customize it myself. Secifically i want to change the lock screen, keyboard, sms look, ect. Can anyone suggest any that i could use?
5. Also, If i root my phone, will it be possible to revert back to the stock samsung UI? can anyone post a link to it?