Major Screen Burn

stevep1794

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Just got my "Romanian" verison SGS2 and now I have a huge screen burn. If I am in one app and go back to my home screen, you can see where that first app was... if I type a mesg then you can see the keyboard in some highlights.. I have a big cresent moon shape across the top.. its annoying and just a matter of time before the whole so call AMOLED screen takes an dump... they should change the name from AMOLED to ANNOYED. Anyone else have this yet? I'm gotta try to go directly thru SammySung to see if I can get a replacement unit. Wishful thinking I know

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Almost one month now on my GSII purchased via ExpansysUSA's website and my Samoled+ screen is working like a charm.

Sent from my GT-I9100

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you got a unit with a defective screen. I haven't read about widespread screen problems on the SGS2, but like any device, anything can go wrong out of the gate. Retailers like Amazon that are selling unlocked GS2s don't offer a warranty from what I understand, but you may be able to get Samsung to honor their 1 yr manufacturer's warranty. You'll likely have to send it to them though and wait for one to come back. I'd give them a call and see if you can get a sympathetic rep on the phone.

This is a reminder of the potential downside of buying a phone on the grey market I guess. Good luck on getting yours replaced.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
maybe try turning the brightness down? where do you have it set it when you see the burn in?

i set my EVO display to 15% brightness because i don't want or need the brightness and like to max out my battery. let's call it a happy accident.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
It's not screen burn in, it's ghosting. Burn in is when the image stays there permanently and NEVER goes away, ghosting is when the image is still present but will then fade away.

You have a defective phone, exchange it.

Jekmyster

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
It's not screen burn in, it's ghosting. Burn in is when the image stays there permanently and NEVER goes away, ghosting is when the image is still present but will then fade away.

Yup this is correct. I've been using the SGS2 for a few weeks now and its all good. I had situations when i had the brightness up to the max and the auto screen off and went back to sleep, so the phone screen was on all night, and its still ok.

Its a defective phone, I had that problem with an iphone 3G before, and i just went back to the shop and had it replaced. You should do the same.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Just got my "Romanian" verison SGS2 and now I have a huge screen burn. If I am in one app and go back to my home screen, you can see where that first app was... if I type a mesg then you can see the keyboard in some highlights.. I have a big cresent moon shape across the top.. its annoying and just a matter of time before the whole so call AMOLED screen takes an dump... they should change the name from AMOLED to ANNOYED. Anyone else have this yet? I'm gotta try to go directly thru SammySung to see if I can get a replacement unit. Wishful thinking I know

How did you buy it? if it was through ebay you can go to them with a dispute...

Jayq330

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I had the same problem with the first galaxy s! The top bar with the time & information was in every app that I ran. You won't see it if your not looking for it but i did & I wasn't looking for so it was noticeable enough. I think It's the amoled pixels, back then on desktops & laptops people would run screen savers because after q while the screen would burn in an image perminantly, so I guess that since amoled pixels are there own light source they just lose some light power or the light filters get burned from it own heat being produced * those are only speculations but could possibly be the reality. As I said it was the super amoled with the pentile matrix screen so being that the amoled plus is RGB it has to be with the pixels himself. Another thing was I would always have my screen setting set to the highest even though it was still low. So for those that had the galaxy s for over 5 months or more should check the top info bar for rights of burned images, I wouldn't expect the galaxy 2 to have any problems yet since they just came out & wouldn't have enough time to have an image burn. So be real when posting don't be a galaxy fanatic because if you don't tell the truth then Samsung will never fix the problem & people will always have image burns.

stevep1794

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

I got it thru my cousin in Romania...it was new in the box. and yes. I think I used the term BURN a little too fast.. it is more of a ghosting..Its not a war stopper but for a phone 3 days old.. its defective.. I will keep using it for now. just wanted some opins on it.. Im not gonna send it all the way back to my cousin and wait wait wait... i'll rock it for now.. turn down my screen for a bit and when spare parts start hitting the market and going down in cost.. i'll end up replacing the screen if it gets worse.

SHO95#AC

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
This is an issue that is found on some Galaxy AMOLED. Check out other forums. In fact My Fascinate suffered from the same issue. Samsung will fix or replace it for free if its with in the warranty time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08