US network options for unlocked s2?

chadlondon

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered the S2 and read here that everyone seems to use at and t with it.

are there any other sim networks I could use with the s2?

for example, I read that Straight Talk have a deal of unlimited mins and 5gb of data for only 45 dollars a month. the only draw back is you must buy their gsm phone to get the sim. nevertheless, thats a lot better than paying at and ts crazy fees.

there is also simple talk, but I guess that runs on tmobile and I've heard there are issues with net speeds on the tmobile network if you use an import s2.

any help much appreciated!

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
You can also buy an at&t post paid unlimited plan for $50/mo if I'm not mistaking. There are some users here who are actually on that plan on this forun and it is working out for them. The plan has unlimited everything If I'm correct, including unlimited data which the galaxy sII supports (data plan for non smartphones; thinks is it also called media net).

Search in this forum and I believe it is going to be a good deal for you and at the same time you'll be able to take full advantage of at&t's network compatibily with the Galaxy SII's HSPA+ network as well as fallback to HSDPA and 3G.

Sent from my GT-I9100

chadlondon

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
You can also buy an at&t post paid unlimited plan for $50/mo if I'm not mistaking. There are some users here who are actually on that plan on this forun and it is working out for them. The plan has unlimited everything If I'm correct, including unlimited data which the galaxy sII supports (data plan for non smartphones; thinks is it also called media net).

Search in this forum and I believe it is going to be a good deal for you and at the same time you'll be able to take full advantage of at&t's network compatibily with the Galaxy SII's HSPA+ network as well as fallback to HSDPA and 3G.

Sent from my GT-I9100
Hey thanks for the heads up on that 50 dollar plan. I just looked it up and it sounds great, but it said its not designed for smartphones..? Does the regular basic package work with full speed 3g internet on unlocked samsung? That would be sweet. Review I read was saying droid users gotta pay an extra 25 dollar data a month... Is that true?

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know the GSII stock ROM has programmed by default the media net APN settings so it should be fine with the $50/mo plan. I'm on an H+ unlimited smartphone plan (grandfathered) that is the only reason why I'm holding out on at&t, but my default APN settings are those of a non smartphone data plan.

Sent from my GT-I9100

chadlondon

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Couple of things... Sorry I'm a newbie at alll of this. What is grandfathering and what is h+ plan?

Also ive tried to find some threads about the go talk 50 dollar per month on samsung but can't seem to see any, so if you could point me to them it would be much appreciated. From the sticky thread about how to speed up at and t connections oncs2 in this forum it looks like maybe standard settings wouldn't work?

Cheers

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry Chadlondon to confuse you about this H+ data plan, what I meant to say is that I have an umlimited smartphone data plan from many years ago and H+ means the equivalent of 4G (faster data speeds) ok.

Also "grandfathered" meant that when the telecoms like at&t and Verizon decided to remove unlimited data plans from their featured (replaced them with capped 2GB/month plans or 4GB/month), there were many people who had unlimited smartphone data plans and I was one of them, so we kept them as we were not forced to changed into a capped data plan ok.

Now about finding a thread that makes reference to that $50/mo at&t go plan, I have to be on a PC to find the link, and maybe I can then post it here ok.

Sent from my GT-I9100

Reactions: chadlondon

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance