1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SGS2 Cases

Hello everyone, I recently bought my phone outright and I now would like to protect it with a durable case. The case I am looking at in specific is the Otterbox Commuter series case. The only problem is it hasn't been released yet. With that being the reality at the moment, what are some other options out there that I can look at which would give me protection for the phone (and screen if possible).

In regards to the screen, i know the glass on our phones is Gorilla Glass, should i be putting a screen protector on it anyway? Please give me your thoughts. (This is my first touchscreen phone and I would like to leverage experiences from others on this matter).

Thanks

Default Re: SGS2 Cases

Im in the exact same boat. Waiting for the otterbox, but needing somethingright now! I just ordered a cheap one from ebay to hold me over. Any other suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Global Posts
    1,096 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

You should always put a screen protector regardless if the display is made out of gorilla or kripton glass.

Sent from my GT-I9100
    my Nexus 5 32GB

Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    You should always put a screen protector regardless if the display is made out of gorilla or kripton glass.

Sent from my GT-I9100
    These cases are fantastic, I'm using one on my Infuse 4G while I wait for the Galaxy S2.

Just noticed the website doesn't want to work correctly. Just search amazon for them.

Edit: Fixed link.

Here at Bell there are no cases, I got a person at Ghost armor to put a protector on my screen, as I notices the screen gets too smudged.
    I think that's all this phone really needs.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,096 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

I purchased the MESH VENT CASE on eBay some time ago and I still have not found the manufacturer that makes it, but it is a beautiful case (I'm attaching a picture of it) and wish this company would also make cases for other phones like iphones and HTC devices. My Galaxy SII looks so gorgeous and sexy with this case. Here is the link:

and here:

and youtube video here:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SGS2 Cases-img_0009-1024x768-.jpg  
    Last edited by chestvrg; 07-30-2011 at 11:12 PM.
    my Nexus 5 32GB

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3

I ordered this case today:

ROM
    Omega 7.3 4.1.2 Stock

I dumped both the case and the screen protector. Had a rubber silicon case.....sticky and hard to get out of the pocket. And a truly protective shock absorbing case will make the phone feel like a bar of soap.

In the end one needs that kind of soft rubber to absorb the shock of a drop. hard plastic just transfers the shock...as far as the glass goes I tried to scratch it with a key and a knife like I have seen on YouTube and did not make a mark. So I think the LCD under the glass would break before the gorilla glass and no more finger prints and a lt smoother to operate. Under normal conditions the glass should never scratch even with keys in one's pocket.

Its funny how only the screen protector makers like Zagg are capable of scratching the glass up on YouTube LOL...

A few scratches and nicks on the plastic edge don't bother me. Its not a work of art..LOL 18 months or less it's replaced...
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100
    Omega v15 JB - 4.1.2
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Just bought an otterbox commuter for my baby. Its being shipped from Hong Kong. I can't wait to protect it.