the date to learn the date. (aug. 29th)

trentlythp

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping for a simultaneous carrier announcement. We all finding out about our phones the same day would be great. The only reason I think it might be is that the picture doesnt say anything about a carrier. Or maybe I am just reading too much into it... :D

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The fact that the event is being done by Samsung and not any of the carriers would lead me to believe that Samsung will announce the entire lineup that day. So I figure all 3 carriers (maybe 4) will have their devices debuted on 29 Aug.

Trip64

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
i have never followed a phone release before but my guess is that they have not stocked the stores yet and will only start shipping to the stores after the 29th. now how long it takes them to get ready for the big push maybe someone that has watch samsung in the past can give us a clue.

frozencloud

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Sigh....Samsung and US carrier are really dragging their feet here. Hopefully it will release the AT&T version on the first day of Sept.

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if Samsung realize that the longer they wait, the less money they will make from consumers. This phone is probably already pushing 6 months now and the closer it gets to September....so does the chances of me getting a different phone.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
The Galaxy S announcement was in New York as well. They announced for Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint. The first one hit two weeks later.

This one was originally scheduled for May 26th but was canceled at the last minute.

The Verizon roadmap last week said that Verizon would get it on Sept 8. We have heard the same date for Sprint and AT&T. Samsung needs to be in the US before the iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae