App2sd question

kiseki_o_o

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Guys, is an app such as "app2sd" really necessary for the SGSII?

I read around and want to prevent possible issues for apps or games that are installed on sd card by app2sd.
i.e. force close, hang, freeze, not working at all, etc... maybe because some of the app files are in the sd card, while some others in the internal memory, and several other issues. I am more concerned into stability and realibility rather than storage space.

Is it recommended to just use the external sd card for music and pics storage, while install apps and games neatly and nicely in internal memory?

gsainath4u

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, you dont need a seperate "app2sd" app. This feature is implemented in Gingerbread (or Froyo, I forgot :( ) Since GS II runs on Gingerbread, you can happily get the same functionality without any additional apps.

To move any application to the sd card, follow these steps.
Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> "Tap on any application" -> Move to SD Card (button)

From my experience, it is better to have all the media on an sdcard and leave the internal storage for the apps. If you have a small enough collection of music and pics, you can store them on the internal storage itself.
For the apps/games themselves, try to have only those apps/games installed which you will use frequently. All others, have the apk file and install them on-demand using a file manager like ES File Explorer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech