Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Default Exchange Email Question for Android 2.3

Hi Guys

So I'm thinking about jumping ship to the new galaxy S2, but I'd like to know beforehand the Exchange email capabilities. My company only supports devices that can access using OWA, they do not support ActiveSync. Emails render beautifully, and are pushed, on the iPhone and iPad. Do Android 2.3 devices, and more specifically the S2, support accessing Exchange email via OWA only, or is ActiveSync required for this? If not, anyone know if the new versions of Android will support this way? The phone is beautiful and I'm really digging Android's progress in the mobile game, but this is the only caveat as it's the only way I can access my stupid work emails!!

Cheers

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default Re: Exchange Email Question for Android 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by cedarstud View Post
    Hi Guys

So I'm thinking about jumping ship to the new galaxy S2, but I'd like to know beforehand the Exchange email capabilities. My company only supports devices that can access using OWA, they do not support ActiveSync. Emails render beautifully, and are pushed, on the iPhone and iPad. Do Android 2.3 devices, and more specifically the S2, support accessing Exchange email via OWA only, or is ActiveSync required for this? If not, anyone know if the new versions of Android will support this way? The phone is beautiful and I'm really digging Android's progress in the mobile game, but this is the only caveat as it's the only way I can access my stupid work emails!!

Cheers
    yup it is working on OWA, using it now.
    Device(s): Samsung S II
    ROM/Kernel: Exynos 7.2
    Device(s): HTC Desire S
    ROM/Kernel: Stock