Vlingo texting the wrong

excberry

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
There are two numbers for one person: mobile and work. For some reason, telling vlingo to text the mobile number will always default to texting the work number. I could not find any settings to change this. Any suggestions?

:D

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't have that problem. It always defaults to the mobile number. I'd suggest uninstalling and downloading a fresh copy or, clear the cache on the app. settings> applications> manage applications > open Vlingo > clear data. Let me know if this helps.:)

<edit> btw, I don't say "text mobile john smith". I just say, "send message to john smith" and the app automatically selects the mobile #. You can also say, "send email to john smith". I use email more than text so this command really comes in handy for me.

Last edited:

JChapa13

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
You might try checking that contact and see if the work number is listed 1st (on top). If it is, copy it and then delete it. Add it back in and it should now be the second number shown. Give that a try.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
For me, it doesn't matter where the cell # is listed ie. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, the app defaults to the # labeled "mobile"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463