Pics/Video randomly appearing in my Gallery?

TekNinja81

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I seem to have random photos and videos appearing in my Gallery. From what I can tell, some of the pics may be part of a game or an ad or something. To the best of my knowledge I've never actually seen any of these pop up before though, and the stranger part is a number of videos that have shown up just recently that actually appear to be web/TV ads. One of them was a Samsung phone ad, so maybe it was hidden somewhere on the phone for demo purposes? But the others are definitely web/TV ads of some sort, and again, I've never seen these before.

These files tend to present themselves mostly after having rebooted the phone, or connecting as USB Mass Storage; makes sense as this triggers the phone's Media Scanner.

It's simple enough to delete the files, but I'm wondering if they may be required or generated by an app I've got installed. Is there an easy way to track where they're coming from/block more from coming in without rooting the phone? Viewing the file properties in Gallery does not show their locations. One thing I found is a TapJoy folder on my phone which seemed to have some ad-like images in it, but those particular ones haven't yet shown up in my gallery...

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
tapjoy is not a virus.i called a guy at tapjoy called Saad and he fix the problem.he said that some games give you the option to watch videos to gain more in game money and that thats where the videos come from.if you call him he will opt you out and you will never see any of the videos on your phone again.his number is 415-766-6957

MetallicaDan

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
tapjoy is not a virus.i called a guy at tapjoy called Saad and he fix the problem.he said that some games give you the option to watch videos to gain more in game money and that thats where the videos come from.if you call him he will opt you out and you will never see any of the videos on your phone again.his number is 415-766-6957

That sounds ridiculous.

I also noticed a folder with Tapjoy images in them. Weird.

Saad.tapjoy

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi boriqua2000,

Thank you for reaching out to Tapjoy. A word of caution calling me is not the quickest way to get a resolution as I am always at my desk. Please create a ticket by using the following steps
1) Go to your game
2) Go to the Marketplace (Offerwall)
30 On the bottom of the offerwall there is a missing currency link, click it.
4) Follow through and create a ticket, this way it gets to the CS team at Tapjoy and you get a faster resolution.

Regards

Saad

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed this too. The gallery app seems to collect pictures from the apps that are installed. Not a big deal but I can see how it can be annoying.

Sent from my GT-P7510

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy