Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My S2 keeps rebooting itself... help?!

Hi all,

Having some issues with my beloved S2! It keeps randomly rebooting itself! Mostly whilst listening to music, but has occurred at other times also.

A friend mentioned that his did the same and he got a replacement, but for him that was a week into having it. I'm a few months down the line now.

Have deleted what I thought may have been 'dodgy' apps, but it still happens. Any ideas?

Default Re: My S2 keeps rebooting itself... help?!

Mine barely did this too! I think it was because i was using it too much trying to update to gingerbread update...

Default Re: My S2 keeps rebooting itself... help?!

Im having the same issue, Only happens me when listening to music.

Have you rooted the phone or anything? I did then put it back to stock, didnt help. Also tried deleting the music and having a smaller collection, also didnt help.

Angry Re: My S2 keeps rebooting itself... help?!

mine SGS2 E4GT started doing this about 2 weeks ago. it just reboots over & over. i never listen to music. i did change batteries and i wonder if that's why. i'm on my 2nd spare battery & it started happening 2-3 days after i put it in.

i'm not rooted. it doesn't even stay on long enough to do anything

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.

Try hard factory reset.may help u to some extent....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

This occasionally happens when I'm on wi-fi. Not much help that is it....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

same with me,when my wifi is on and it can't detect a wifi signal,my fone will reboot by itself.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I found a problem where the apps moved to the SD card became corrupted. Try removing your SD card and see if the rebooting stops.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I've got to try this with my WI-fi!! I have noticed that since the ICS upgrade, my wi-fi is weaker. Maybe it's an interplay between signal strength and G Tasks trying to sync? Thanks!

Sandra

So far, wifi does seem to be the culprit.this is the first time in, maybe,14 hours that I've logged on. unfortunately, I contaminated the experiment--I added another variable. I also uninstalled gtasks, which was also causing problems. So I don't know whether the FC's were caused by low wifi signal or gtasks.

So now, I need to figure out why I get a weaker wifi signal with the standard Samsung Kies ICS 4.0.3 upgrade, and why my S2 runs much hotter since the upgrade. (Working harder?)

Thanks for the weak signal tip!

Sandra

Removing the SDHC card helped me too. But the apps on my card weren't corrupted. However, by removing the card,I was able to uninstall all of the apps that FCEd and caused my Galaxy S2 to continually reboot. Returned the card to its slot and the reboots occurred much more rarely.

FWIW, in my case, low wireless signal is no longer (or never was) the cause cause of the reboots. everything became stable the minute after I uninstalled gtasks. I suspect that in a lot of these recurring reboots, the cause is a wayward app or two. In my case,I had trouble believing that the apps were incompatible because they had all been updated to ICS.