1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    964 Global Posts

Default Questions on International SGS2

I've made up my mind and will be getting a SGS2 as my iPhone 4S replacement. I'm trying to decide between the international or AT&T version.

Reasons I want international:

- No bloatware

- Tethering enabled

- Unlocked when I travel

- Faster updates on current OS and when ICS is available. (Question, since I will be using the phone on AT&T will this interfere with the international updates...I've heard they are faster. How will I be able to update when they are available?)

- I like the physical home button.

My other issues are: I found the thread with correct APN settings so I'm good there. Will I have full access to the market?

BIG thing I want to get figured out: Can I root this phone? I haven't been able to find any guides for use with a Mac.

Sorry for the long post but appreciate the help and do you guys have any other suggestions.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    964 Global Posts

Guess no one knows how to root via mac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts

I'm new to Android and havent had the need for rooting my device yet.

Just before hitting the forums I saw this app over at download.com. Apparently you can root the phone without a computer.

If you do get the international GS2, let me know how this app works! Good luck.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Questions on International SGS2

I tried this app and it doesn't work on the SGS2 for some reason.

Have you tried flashing a CWM kernel using heimdall? As far as I know, that should be the only way of doing it with a Mac without going for bootcamp+odin...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk