Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    (null), iOS 5

Default So I Might Have Killed My Phone. Help?

I decided this afternoon to root and install CWM. I am new to the Android scene so it is very likely I didn't do something good.
    I'm not even sure if my rooting went properly, but I can confirm I have Cyanogen Recovery installed properly (I was quite surprised when I saw I managed to install that).

But here's what happened.

I don't remember what I was doing, but as some point, I accidentally accessed recovery mode and I couldn't get out - So I simply unplugged my phone and took the battery out. After I did that, you could see a yellow Warning sign in the boot screen of the soon, but the phone booted up properly anyways.

Anyway, that Warning sign thing was really ticking me off, so I just decided to go to settings and restore everything to Factory settings.

Now my phone won't boot up. When I turn it on, I see the screen, I hear the Samsung sound, but the animation keeps repeating itself over and over again without booting into the phone. I have been doing research throughout the whole afternoon but I can't find any clear instructions on how to fix this so called "boot loop". Can anyone help me fix this? Preferably giving me instructions as if I were a baby? I really, really want my phone working again...

Maybe try booting in recovery mode? Switch phone off and hold power, home and up volume buttons until it switches on. It should come up with CWM with an option to reset settings, you'll need to use hard buttons as touchscreen won't work

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    (null), iOS 5

Default Re: So I Might Have Killed My Phone. Help?

Oh goodness, I fixed it just now. I had to flash another ROM.
    Now that I'm back on track, I will install CWM.
    Thanks for reading!