Battery Issue

Nasi Putih

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I know that this isn't a new issue for this phone. But my battery seems draining much quicker today. I noticed that 8% batt level is gone by the first 33 minutes. Wifi, BT, GPS, Dataplan is off. FYI, yes i run 2.3.3 (latest official), but usually it takes only 1% batt per hour. Is there something wrong?

Regards

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

nobodyisherenow

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
most likely it's the new software issue. mine does the same thing and it's quite annoying. with the previous software, my phone used to go as much as 1.5 days w/o heavy use before needing to charge again.

skulldroid67

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Well since you have already eliminated many of the known culprits, I'm curious, have you shut all these settings down manually or do you use an app to toggle them on / off? Also, you say the battery is draining quicker today, how about on other days...?

And Gingerbread 2.3.6 is actually the latest firmware for this device. At least I think it is...:-\

Meiji

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes, 2.3.6 is actually the lastest firmware. :)

Have you installed any app recently? It also could be a misbehaving app. Since I assume it was a one day problem, it also could be an overheat problem, did you notice if your phone was any hotter?