app icons moving after reboot

Pyrrhic

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

I hope someone can help with this because it's slowly driving me mad. Whenever I mount my phone as a USB device or reboot the device (i.e. perhaps something to do with the SD dismounting?) my app icons move about in the applications screens. However, it's only certain ones - the vast majority stay where I've put them. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to why it only affects a minority of apps: I don't have any apps installed on the SD card.

Anyone know how to fix this? I have my phone set to reboot every day, and continually putting the icons back how I want them every day is really starting to grate.

EDIT: Some extra info - it definitely seems to be triggered by the SD card being dismounted/mounted. If I put the icons back as they should be and then go to settings -> storage -> unmount SD card the problem recurs.

Last edited:

Pyrrhic

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
SOLVED! I had a moment of inspiration this morning and realised that if I dismounted the SD card first and then moved the icons where I wanted them they might stay in the right place. And whaddyaknow, they do! Thought I'd report back in case anyone else comes across this problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol