Rooting/modding gs2 success rates

Canzara

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi.
I'm just hoping to get info on peoples success/failures in rooting and installing custom roms on their GS2.
I have an international version and I really want to try out custom roms. But being somewhat of a newb to smartphones and having once destroyed a motherboard through a bios update way back when it wasn't so simple as today and I was still learning I'm hesitant. This isn't a cheap device to have to replace for something I don't NEED to do.

I've done lots of reading and its been suggested this is one of the most mod friendly phones available, is this true?
Has anyone failed at rooting, or modding and if so, what happened? were you able to fix it, was it an error you caused by not reading properly or not properly following instructions...whatever the case. I want to hear your horror stories and worse case scenarios. As well I'm interested in hearing from those who were successful and were also nervous about the whole thing previously. How difficult was it? Were you successful on the first try?

I would like a mod that would allow some overclocking features, I like to play with visual customizations as well.
Thanks in advance for any and all responses.
help me build up the nerve so I can be a cool kid too LOL :cool:

bartzeeland

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I found the information i needed on the xda forum. I rooted with odin and used the cf-root.method. If you follow the instructions to the letter its a two minutes job. Good luck
Bart

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

Canzara

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply bartz. I had already read instructions, I was trying to get an idea of failure rates. So much for that.
Either way, about 20 minutes after making this post I used doomlords zergrush and rooted my phone in about 3 minutes.
Now to talk myself into roms :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis