MicroSD card keeps corrupting?

TekNinja81

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Just curious if anyone else is having this issue. I have an Adata 32GB Class 10 card in my phone, and I've had it go corrupt on me 3 times now. The card continues to function if I take it out, backup my data, and reformat it, but it seems to eventually happen again after some use.

I had thought that perhaps connecting the phone to my computer via USB was causing this, so since the last time I haven't done so, but today I'm getting the usual "Camera Failed" error and had noticed a few corrupted images in my gallery over the last few days.

I have read some posts suggesting that a Class 10 card is a bad idea for phones/tablets, or at least not entirely beneficial due to how the Class 10 cards apparently are accessed -- is there truth to this? I've now seen some "MicroSD UHS-I" cards on the market that claim to be made specifically for tablets and phones...

It's probably just a bad card, but I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problems.

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'd say a bad card get it replaced under warranty. I had my patriot 32GB class 10 card flake out on me sevral times, I sent it in and got a replacement in about 2 weeks.

drk_m

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Class sign is just points to read&write speeds of the card. So class 10 is the fastest in the market yet. And it has no issues with corruption. I don't know if you format the card with the phone itself. If so just ask for a new one through the warranty.

TekNinja81

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys.

The weird thing is I've used this card in other devices before.. had it in my GoPro helmet camera, and had it in my Acer A500 tablet without problems in either device. Maybe it's just failed since then, though.. I'll have to try returning it and see if a replacement works better. I've been using Patriot and Adata cards for a few years now and never had trouble up until now.

plunder

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I did have a corruption on my 16Gb card. The phone would not read it. I powered down, removed the card, put it in a reader and looked at it under Windows 7. I could read the card, so I did a full backup just in case. Then I ran "Tools" - "Error-Checking" with "Automatically fix file system errors" ticked. It found a corrupted folder and fixed it. I put the card back in the phone and restarted it. Problem fixed with no losses. No further problems.

Just to be clear about this - I am NOT a well informed techy person. I was just feeling my way along. Windows 7 seems to have reasonable tools for card management, I have used them before when SD or CF camera cards develop problems. If a card developed problems repeatedly I would suspect the card and try another.

Last edited:

Ravil

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Just curious if anyone else is having this issue. I have an Adata 32GB Class 10 card in my phone, and I've had it go corrupt on me 3 times now. The card continues to function if I take it out, backup my data, and reformat it, but it seems to eventually happen again after some use.

I think the problem because you bought A-Data production. I had the same card and it is really bull ...

There is the article and some benchmarks about this card:
Testing / Review of ADATA SDHC Class 10 32 GB SD Flash Card

ADATA SDHC Class 10 32GB SD Flash Card & Nikon D90

TekNinja81

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Wow, it's been a LONG time since I started this thread.

Believe it or not, I still have the same card in the phone. For quite a while, the issue didn't resurface. But recently the "corruption" issue has been back with a vengeance. My photos open, but while I should have about 300, the gallery counts 1100-1200 etc. Randomly music won't play or apps will sometimes have broken shortcuts

Here's the odd thing: None of the corrupted photos actually have anything wrong with them. I can access all data on the card from my PC without problems. it seems almost as if the phone itself is failing to address data on the MicroSD card properly. If I clear the gallery/media manager cache/data, things go back to normal -- until I reboot the phone.

Going to try another card, but until then I want to move all my stuff to the phone's internal memory. How would I go about doing this and retaining all the apps/app data etc? I.e. where do I put the data stored on the MicroSD card once moved to the phone?

Appreciate any help guys, thanks as always.

PhunkmasterD

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My Samsung class 10 has corrupted, it happened sometime saturday afternoon, the problem i have is now i cant format it? what am i doing wrong? when its write protected it see's the card and the data but when its not locked it cant see the card?

lucialle

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I have this issue a while ago; some friends advise me to wipe all data, format everything, and to reinstall everything. Maybe it was linked to my custom rom. Anyway, my card doesn't have any issues now. Hope you will find a solution!

Kar Ga

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I do, and all this time I was wondering if anyone else has the same/similar problem.
I'm using sam. Gal s4, and within the first wek of use, i discovered my microsd card was corrupted, so I re formatted, but again in few days microSD corrupts again, I change phones(tried on gs2 and gs3), micro sd works fine with no problem, put it back into gs4 in few days it corrupts again, so I change micro sd cards, another brand(sandisc 64gb class 10) same thing, every 15 to 16 days it corrupts, then I went ahaed, and exchange my phone with another sams. gs4, brand new just like the one I purchased 20 days ago, and with that purchase 2 other microsd cards, within few days it corrupts again, so, 2 brand new sam. gs4's and 4 different microsd cards(different brand, different in memory size 32gb,64gb, ) but it is keep happening, either every 15 to 16 days, or anytime I take out the battery.
my conclusion is (I maybe wrong); its either a root file or an app cousin this problem, simply because all the microSD Cards are functioning superbly in different devices

bgwg

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
My issue with micro SD is slightly different. The first time this happened the card was not class 10 so I upgraded to a class 10 card. It worked for about 2 or 3 months. My issue is my photos & video do not appear to write correctly to the micro SD card. The photos will either be half gray or they merge adjacent photos. The video appears to be there based on thumbnail but it cannot play. At times, it will play back immediately after recording but will not play back at a later time. They appear the same on my PC & on my phone. However, I did just experiment with playback & although the video will not play in Windows Media Player, I can get some playback in Quicktime but it is definitely not all there. The video goes pixelated at some point in the playback. Finally, this issue started when I upgraded to Jelly Bean. So I originally thought it was an issue with the new operating system. Would appreciate feedback as I am at a point that I will have to stop using micro SD cards.