i don't think i can deal with the battery anymore..thoughts?!

latwne

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm just curious to see how many hours a heavy user gets off the galaxy s2 touch. I'm told it's a great battery..mines terrible and I'm NOT a heavy user. On average what do you guys get from a full charge??? within 7 hours of a full charge it's down to 8%...i hardly use it..once in a while i'll play around with it..i never play games on it..never listen to music on it...never watch videos. i do text sometimes but not chronically..one phone call sends me down to 50% when it's at 100. I JUST DONT GET IT. they've replaced the battery once..did nothing. still dies rather quickly. it's not rooted either. this phone IS meant to be played with and customized..what good is it if i don't have a battery to handle it?! my old phone lasted longer with heavier usage then this. makes me sad cuz it's a great phone otherwise..but if i can't use it what's the point?!:mad:

Last edited:

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
From my experience, battery issues are usually attributed to a rogue App (or Apps) and sometimes screen brightness. The screen on this phone can eat a lot of juice, even with auto brightness. I always have auto brightness off and manually set it around 30%, which I find to be just fine. Auto keeps the brightness too high in many circumstances.

Regarding the rogue apps, you need to track them down. Two utilities that are helpful in that are Better Battery Stats and CPU Spy. BBS can identify wakelocks, which are Apps and/or services that are not allowing your phone to drop into deep sleep. CPU Spy helps identify situations where your phone should be in deep sleep but isn't. There are other utilities, but I personally gain the most info from these two along with the simple Android battery graph, but you do need to know what to look for and expect.

Still, if you're only getting 7 hours with what sounds like light usage, something is wrong. You may want to consider a full factory reset, wipe the slate clean, and see if things improve. Then you can start reinstalling Apps slowly to try and find the culprit. Often time its Apps that rely on data services that get stuck in a loop that cause abnormal battery drain.

In the end, it could also be a weak cell signal. There are so many factors involved that battery life issues are really tough to diagnose. Entropy has a thread on the subject here [REF] Known identified battery drainers - xda-developers that may be helpful for you.

Good luck.

Reactions: milominderbinde

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
7 hours is not normal in my experience. I get probably 10 to 14 hours per charge and I use the phone pretty regularly throughout the day.
You need to track down background apps that you don't need and shut them down. The previous poster gave some pretty good suggestions.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Ahh, well, coming from a Blackberry, I used to think that the battery life was terrible, but recently, I've been getting used to it. It's actually not that bad! I usually check my battery consumption, and it always says that the screen uses the most battery percentage, so I turn the brightness down to the lowest setting, and it helps a lot.

Sent from my SC-02C using Tapatalk

eSport

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Also coming from a BlackBerry Bold 9700 heavy use - 2/3 hrs in calls, emails, texting, light internet would get a full day easily. Would be lucky to get 7/8 hours in the first couple of days use with the Galaxy S II.

After some experimentation with brightness, wifi etc and occasionally going back to the 9700 found on Google Play - Juice Defender and dependant on WiFi access at times dropping in and out will get a full day with the above usage.

Not completely resolved, but happier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae